Sunday, June 11, 2006

A Total Winner

Beth is a lucky name. Beth from Total Mom Haircut gave the first correct answer to this week's Say WHAT?



I contemplated my quote. At first I thought it might be too easy, then too obscure but it's one of my favorite lines in the film, it's so quirky. That scene captures so perfectly the awkwardness of our teen years. That is, if we had the opportunity to go to a secret party of sweaty dirty dancers and had a much older man whisk us onto the dance floor and gyrate his pelvis into ours. Sadly, this never happened to me. Except in my dreams.



The quote is from 'Dirty Dancing' yet another inappropriate (for my age) movie I saw when I was 11. I believe it was the first movie we rented and watched on our *game show host voice* Brand New Video Cassette Recorder! From the moment it began I was enthralled. An ordinary young girl going on a summer holiday where she learns how to dance and falls in love with a hunky guy. That could be me! Except I was 11, and that would just be wrong. Needless to say I had a huge crush on Patrick Swayze and after seeing that movie bought a gynormous (yes it is a word!) poster of him to put up on my wall tout de suite. (are y'all impressed with my use of francais?) He was old enough to be my father (my actual father is much older) but it didn't matter cause man, could he dance. This may explain my current obsession with this show. (watch the clip or suffer my wrath!)

I had to quote from this movie since some people don't think it's worthy of being on my list of 7 movies I could watch over and over again. I guess you should have watched it a few more times after all Big Fugr!

Till tomorrow, Ciao! (Oooh, Italian! But no, I am not your slave.)

2 comments:

Dawnyel said...

A woman of many languages...I'm impressed! I knew that movie...I just wish I had checked earlier! Maybe next time! This is really fun! :)

mamashine said...

I knew it too. Darn. Oh well, maybe next week. Is it Fridays that you do this? I've got a Friday game too. :) You'll have to come visit.