Friday, June 09, 2006

Say WHAT?

Before posting todays Say WHAT? I would like to share a Haiku poem I wrote about Blogger. This is my first time attempting a Haiku so I may not have it right. Let me inspire you to leave me your Haiku poetry about blogger in my comments along with your Say WHAT? guesses.

Oh Blogger
How I hate thee
You suck!


With that let us begin my new game Say WHAT? How do you play? Basically I post a quote from an 80's movie and you all leave me your guesses in the comments. I will announce the winner on Sunday night and if the winner has a blog, I'll link them. If they have I profile picture I'll post that too. Beth from Her Majesty's Throne (her site is temporarily under construction) won last week and she was quick on the draw so, good luck everyone!



Here is today's quote. (Not that you need any hints but my first few Say WHAT?'s are going to be taken from my most favorite 80's movies. (See my profile.)

"I carried a watermelon."

11 comments:

beth said...

Baby - Dirty Dancing! Phew! Told you I'd win. I've been stalking you this morning.

beth said...

Oh, let me add my haiku. I think it's 5 syllables first line, 7 second, and 5 again for the third?

When Blogger is bad
Us blogging mommies get mad
What do we do now?

Mall Worker said...

I love the haiku!

No clue on the movie though!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I actually knew that one. Too bad Beth beat me! I never know any movie quotes, but I could probably recite Dirty Dancing in my sleep.

A haiku? I am not good at haikus and I know nothing about blogger, other than lots of my friends use it. How about a haiku about my day so far?

Stinky French cheese poo
Please stop squirting out a butt
Baby, get well now

Dawnyel said...

DIRTY DANCING...DIRTY DANCING....DIRTY DANCING....Dang!! I knew that one...but my favorite line from that one is "No one puts Baby in the corner..." I'm sure that's everyone's favorite line from that tho!! :) I hope I'll be quicker on the draw next time!! :)

GiBee said...

Okay, see.... that was ME.

Diana Mancuso said...

Eek gads, woman! I finally know what the movie is and I'm several hours too late. Sheesh!

Tasha said...

Man, I know it too, and I'm late...darn it!

Anonymous said...

Oh crap! Cuss word, cuss word, cuss word! I got here too late and I instantly knew what it was!!!!!


Queen Beth

Lynanne said...

Love the haikus!!! I'm so lame that I didn't even get that quote. My husband is the movie buff. It's lots of fun watching though!

bon said...

Maaaan... where the heck have I BEEN?!

First... I knew THAT crappin' quote as well. Second how cute is Babay A, and how frustrating it is how they get you all happy and in the groove... then they mix it up on ya for sleepytime. Not just the when changes, but the how's and the why's and the whatever's ALL change. Pearl has hit that social stage where she cry's when I lay her in her crib and walk out the door. No matter HOW tired or how close to sleep she is. She. Must. Cry.

meh.