Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Into The Groove

At baseball on Monday night we played a very competitive team. Being a competitive person I should have enjoyed that right? But I didn't. I think it comes back to my comfort zone issues. Last time I played 2nd base. This time I was on 1st. I know it's good for me to play new positions but wow, I don't have a chance to get good at one before I learn another. There were some highlights. I caught the ball. A couple of times. And even tagged people out a few times! Also, a new girl came to play. A really nice girl who owns a second hand kids clothing store I go to. She is a WICKED baseball player. We were throwing the ball around before the game started and she threw it to me. It was so fast and hard I panicked for a second. She can hit, she can run and she caught this potential home run hit like a pro ball player. I think I had to remind myself to close my gaping mouth. That's the ball player I want to be. She's my hero.

I gotta say though the ball cap makes me feel like I know what I'm doing. It's like putting on my Do Bok for TaeKwon Do. And then there are the sun blocking benifits as well. We forgot to take our camera with us again this week. Peter was pretty busy trying to keep Audrey from swallowing rocks and bark as it was. He took some shots of us once we got home. From what I can tell Little A gets a kick out of the hat. The last picture is funny, you likely can't tell but she's pulling my hair. Doesn't she look pleased with herself?








We went to the gym yesterday during the noon hour. The regular nursery worker was out taking a CPR course so there was a substitute. When I dropped A off there was one other baby. I went and pedaled my heart out at cycle fit for 45 minutes. When I got back to the nursery another member of the staff was holding my crying baby. It was only a whiny cry so I wasn't worried, but the substitute was no where to be seen. The mother of the other baby was holding her daughter and had a concerned look in her eye. The room looked as though it had been hit by a hurricane. A two baby hurricane. I took Audrey and just then the substitute walked in. She was patted on the shoulder by her coworker as she walked in. Her eyes were red and she was making those erratic breathing noises you make after you've been crying really hard. What the heck happened? Had the babies attacked her? Pummeling her about the head with chewy toys and rattles? I don't know. Thank goodness I was only gone 45 minutes. I felt sorry for that girl. So did the other mother. I don't know how the heck she ended up working in the nursery if looking after two babies could reduce her to a sobbing mess. It was all a bit strange.

Last night was TaeKwon Do night. I was more prepared this time. I had my sports bra. I had my 'feminine protection' (Good thing). We did dodging kicking drills, patterns and sparring. I sparred three of my fellow black belts. It felt incredible. Not counting last week's class I hadn't sparred since we began 'trying' for a baby in September of 2004. That was a long sabbatical. One of my dear friends from class complimented me by saying I was "as quick as ever.” I was flattered. After everything my body has been through since last September, I'm surprised I can keep up at all.

So I can't really complain that I'm not getting any exercise. As I suspected I would be, I am a lot happier and in a better mood most of the time. I don't get so down on myself or feel irrationally mad at Peter. I'm back into my groove and it feels good. Na na na na na na na! (I knew that it would.)

6 comments:

Jenn said...

MAMA D-Oh-Joe strikes again!

Dawnyel said...

Active mama. I am a bit worried about the whole babysitter thing. I mean, if she can't handle a two-baby hurricane...what's she doing in the babysitting business? Weird!

Mall Worker said...

I'm glad that you are getting back into the grove! I seriosly need to get there too!

Just MJ said...

Baby A is so darn cute! How can you stand it? I'm impressed by how active you are. Good for you! I agree with dawnyel, that babysitter is definitely in the wrong business.

bon said...

Maybe the sitter had gotten bad news, or her boyfriend dropped by to break up with her 'cause he knew he could get in and get out faster... I hope it had nothing to do with the sweet papoosi because....if so she needs to change occupations. FAST.

beth said...

Yeah, that substitute sitter thing is bazaare. So proud of you for playing baseball though! You're so...active. Very cool of you. I intend to make it through life without playing any organized sport. (See recent post)