Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day


A shout out to my brilliant, gorgeous, amazing husband on his first ever Father's Day. (I'm sorry for embarrassing you sweetie, it's what I do.)


Thank you for being such a wonderful dad, and yes, yes you are.

Thank you for not leaving me when I was an emotional basket case and I would have left myself if it had been possible.

Thank you for the tall genes you have passed on to Baby A so she won't have to live her life as a near midget. Also for passing on your rosy cheeks, blue eyes and fine motor skilz.

Thank you for hours of carrying her around so I didn't have to listen to her crying in my face instead of eating.

Thank you for building me up and telling me I was a good mom even when it was questionable.

Thank you for playing guitar and singing and being a goof around our daughter. I'm hoping some of it rubs off on her.

Thank you for changing countless dirty diapers, for feeding her bottles and cereal and baby food, for comforting her many times until I finally got home, late, from work.

Thank you for loving us. Unconditionally. Because sometimes, let's face it, we're both a little difficult.
























6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn,
hi its kari. just checking in on the blog. Yes Peter, happy fathers day......I want to thank you for helping Dawn in those difficult days and through the birth you were nothing but wonderful.well done and enjoy your first fathers day in style.

Diana Mancuso said...

Those pictures are so sweet! Happy Father's Day, Peter.

beth said...

Loved it. As usual, can totally relate (emotional basket case...good mom questionable...etc.) We've got good guys. I'm glad for you. Love the pics.

You're up on my site.

bon said...

I love it...
ain't nothin' like a good man. Happy Father's Day, Peter.

Jamie said...

Very sweet! Dad and baby pictures are the best, and yours are great!

Dawnyel said...

AWW! That one of Peter sleeping in bed while your daughter was wide awake was my favorite...must be the resemblance to what my hubby does! :) What a good daddy baby A has!