Monday, June 26, 2006

Surgery

I just got back from the hospital. This is how my morning went.

5:15 alarm rings
5:15-5:30 pump
5:30-5:45 wash face, brush teeth, fix pig tails, get dressed
5:45-6:00 drive to mom's, pick her up
6:00-8:00 Go to hospital, wait, listen to mom confirm details regarding medications, her surgery and other stuff. Wait in another area while they put in I.V. and give her two needles. Which I thought was stupid since that was almost the whole reason I went. To be there when that kind of awfulness was happening. Had a small cry by myself in bathroom. Stood with mom while we waited for them to take her in for surgery. She was not impressed with all the waiting. I just kept talking to her. I'm pretty sure she wanted me to just shut up already. We're different like that. Finally they came to get her. I told her I loved her as they rolled her off on the stretcher.
8:00 came home to find baby and husband still sleeping soundly. (prayer answered)
8:01 breathed sigh of relief

They are going to call around 10:00 to tell me how it went and we'll be heading to the hospital to see her around 12:00. I'll update everyone as the day goes on.

5 comments:

bon said...

thinkin' and prayin'.

Lynanne said...

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way that everything goes smoothly!

Dawnyel said...

You are such a good daughter to help your mom out with her nerves like that! I hope all goes well! <3

Mall Worker said...

Thoughts, prayers, and positive energy to her!

Anonymous said...

hey dawn,
thinkin of you and your mum. you're the best coach to get her through. sending much love