Thursday, July 13, 2006

Things That Go WAAAH! In The Night

Even though Miss A got up at 4:00 am last night instead of 3:00 am it still happened to be the time the 'Velform Sauna Belt' infomercial was on. What are the chances? I seriously think this is cause for a months grounding on Miss A's sixteenth birthday. Can you hear it now?

Me: Happy Sixteenth Birthday A! Oh, and by the way you are grounded for a month.

A: What! Why? What did I do?

Me: It's payback for all those times you woke up after regular television was off the air and the infomercials started. And especially for always waking up when the 'Sauna Belt' one was on. Consider yourself lucky I haven't grounded you for a whole year. It was THAT bad.



Seriously. Look at this guy. Do you really think his chest, arms and shoulders look like that because he wears a glorified electric blanket around his midsection for 50 minutes a day? I don't think so. Also, I don't think it's big enough to fit around the waist of anyone who might be carrying a few extra pounds so what's the point?

I've actually grown to enjoy some of the infomercials. Power 90, Turbo Jam. Those are at least inspiring. In my middle of the night haze I think “Gee, I should do some sit ups tomorrow.” Or the Giant Ladder infomercial. “What you are about to see is one ladder...” Now that's a ladder. I have never been more excited about a ladder in my life. I would tell Peter about it the next morning. “Seriously babe, it's an AMAZING ladder! You'd love it!”

Then there are the infomercials I tolerate but don't annoy me too much. The Oreck Air Purifier and The Magic Bullet. I can see the merit in these product although I'm not really compelled to buy them. Air purification is good as are well blended food and drinks. I just don't need the products.

But this sauna belt one... It makes me angry at the world. I'm grumpier that Miss A insisted on waking up at such an hour, grumpier that her Dada just dozes away beside us, grumpier that we can't afford cable television so I don't have to watch crap like this! If I have to watch that skinny girl pump her arms in the air one more time when she takes off her sauna belt to reveal her sweaty, flat tummy one more time... Why I otta!!

I think it's safe to say that I'm unused to this lack of sleep. That I may be getting a little edgy. And my sweet baby being attached to me day and night preventing me from getting a single. thing. done. is wearing on me. I'm trying to keep it light and funny here but really, I'm on the edge. I think my sister is babysitting for us tomorrow or Saturday so that Peter and I can do supper and a movie. That may be the hiatus that keeps me sane.

To prove that I still love her despite her night wakings and attachment issues here is a photo from our trip home from the in laws last weekend. Her Dada took it with his fancy pants phone.



Also a website by the name of Sisterhood Six is looking for submissions to their 'Carnival of Motherhood'. They are looking for links to posts regarding breastfeeding complications or issues. If any of you mamas out there have any current or archived posts dealing with those issues just email them to carnival(AT)sisterhoodsix(DOT)com or follow the link. I know they would appreciate it. Having had SO MANY issues myself I submitted several post links. I'm hoping that sharing this knowledge will help many mamas out there with their issues or at the very least help them not to feel that they are alone in their struggles.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think grounding for a month may be a bit extreme. Instead, for a month you should wake her up at 3 am or 4 am and make her watch infomercials. Not only will it be payback, but may also serve as a deterent to having a baby before she's ready :-)

(Just kidding of course)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Louisa said...

Thanks so much for your posts and for the plug!

Cheers!
Louisa

Dawnyel said...

A month's grounding at 16? THAT'S funny!! I'm thinking that elicia's is MUCH better!! :)
I'm sorry that she's been keeping you up at night...But maybe instead of watching infomercials plug in your favorite movie? It may keep her from that year long grounding in the future! :)

Lynanne said...

Oooo la la! I didn't know the Sauna Belt came with such a hunk! I want one!! And it comes with a tape measure, oh wow, just what I need (insert biting sarcasm here).

I was ROTFL about grounding A on her 16th birthday. I need your sense of humor!

Seriously though, I feel for you on the no sleep. I wish I lived closer so I could do something to help. I'm hoping she'll sleep tonight and your sister can babysit tomorrow

Mall Worker said...

That informercial would annoy the crap out of me too! I do agree with you on the magic bullet comercial, its not too bad. I don't know if they're still running the rotissorie infomercial anymore, that one amused me.

I'm sorry that Miss A has been getting up like that. Feel free to stop on by and soak up some AC and cable!

bon said...

You may borrow my "You've got Mail," that's one show that always takes the edge off the sleep deprivation for me.

No?

Big Fat Greek Wedding?
Bend it Like Beckham?
hm.
Bill and Ted's M.E.A.?
I'm dead serious... but you'd have to send them back in a few years when I brave the wilds of procreation again.

bon said...

Except for maybe the "Bill and Teds" I'm gonna need that next week.

beth said...

Is the oreck purifier the one where the dump out all that disgusting balck water to show you how awful the air is?

I'm so sorry you're feeling on the edge. I totally know that feeling, as I am still in it. Hubby and I just had yet another discusion reagrding "Sam's Sleep" because I woke up exhausted yet again.

To deal with this problem short term, maybe set up a DVD every night so that you can watch something you like when you are forced to be up.

mamashine said...

I may be treading into controversial and sensitive territory here, or well-traveled topics since I haven't read all your archives, but is there any way you can put the pillow over your head and just not get up with her? Or is the crying too extreme?

Of course, there's always the grounding. :)

Unknown said...

christian louboutin shoes
coach outlet
toms shoes
ray ban sunglasses
christian louboutin outlet
cheap jordan shoes
michael kors outlet
oakley sunglasses
michael kors outlet online
michael kors outlet
replica watches
jordan 6
kate spade
rolex watches outlet
cheap toms shoes
ray ban sunglasses
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors outlet
pandora jewelry
nike free run
cheap oakleys
coach factory outlet
burberry outlet online
mont blanc pens
christian louboutin outlet
coach outlet
louis vuitton outlet
cheap nfl jerseys
celine handbags
michael kors handbags
air jordan 13
christian louboutin sale
christian louboutin shoes
louis vuitton handbags
celine
ralph lauren
nike roshe flyknit
kobe shoes 11
jordan 4 toro
polo ralph lauren
20167.16wengdongdong

jobnewsbd24.com said...

IFIC Bank Job Circular 2021 has been published career.ificbankbd.com. Now, interested candidates online application career.ificbankbd.com. this topic related all details found as well our website- jobnewsbd24.com
Also check related all circular- Bank Job Circular in our website.

jobnewsbd24.com said...

Teletalk Job Admit Card and Exam Result Download in Bangladesh from Job News BD 24. All Types Admit Card Download Online from jobnewsbd24.com available.