Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Cha-cha-cha-cha-Changes!!!

So Peter and I have been messing with my template. Can you tell? I just wanted to make sure I had your attention. I found the background pattern at Squidfingers. I know it's busy but it's retro and I love the colors. It's like a patterned representation of my personality. Or something. Let me know what you think. Is it okay to read? Is it hard on the eyes? Does looking at it make you feel like you are losing your mind? That kind of stuff.

I feel a bit as though I'm giving a speech in an empty gymnasium these days. Why? Just because I know that everyone is on summer holidays going here and going there and the last thing on their minds is reading blogs... But I'm here. I'm here and I'm still writing about my humdrum life even though it's summer. So you know, if you got the time. Stop by. And hopefully my new background doesn't give you a seizure or something.

I was thinking today that I'd like to invent something. Well, I guess not 'invent'. What I'm thinking of already exists but I don't believe it is being used for the purpose that I would market for. There are baby monitors. Those are cool, if you have a big house and you wouldn't otherwise hear your baby awaken in their room. We do not have a big house so our baby monitor has gone largely unused. But what I was thinking I would love to have is video surveillance in every room and hallway of my home and a viewing monitor in each room also. You know so that if I'm in the kitchen doing dishes I could just look at my monitor and see that Baby A is just playing with her toys in her room and not trying to stick her tongue in the electrical outlet or something. That would save me having to go and check on her repeatedly. And no, I'm not being paranoid because usually when I check she is doing something that could cause her some kind of bodily harm. Like trying to climb the bookcase or pulling on the vacuum hose. Not only would this baby surveillance system save me running back and forth to check on her but also it would allow her to play happily without my interference.



You see on those rare occasions when she isn't endangering her life and is playing with a toy or something, I will check on her and when she catches sight of me she forgets what a good time she's having and decides I should pick her up or she wants to come and help me with my chores. Which is not helpful. I hope she will still want to help me do things around the house when she is actually capable of doing it!



The only flaw in my plan is cost. I'm sure my 'Baby Surveillance System' would be far too costly for the average family. And giving it more thought it's likely not a new concept at all. I'm sure movie stars must have something like this. I mean, maybe not stars like Brad and Angelina or Tom and Katie. They likely have a nanny who follows their kids around everywhere. They might be able to use my system as a means to 'spy' on their nanny. Make sure that they are getting their money's worth. Hmmm... Anyone out there got any experience in marketing? We could ½ the profit. I'm generous like that.

10 comments:

this single spark said...

Love the background! Love the colours! But... find the light font hard to read. My two cents.

I will be away next week, but I'll still be checking in, so keep writing. The gym isn't totally empty.

Jamie said...

I also love the colors, but the font is a little light for my eyes and makes me squint :)

GiBee said...

Miss seeing baby A's face peeking out at us, but the new look is cool!

Mall Worker said...

I really like the new background! I agree with the others, the font is a little light. I've been dying to change my templete around, but I have seriously no clue on how to do it!

They do have video baby monitors to watch them in their cribs, they are really expensive though. I do agree that a system like that would be great!

Valarie said...

I had to come check it out because I read you in bloglines (not even sure anymore how I stumbled upon your blog). I agree with the others- great background and colors, but the light font is hard to read.

owlhaven said...

Love the background!

bon said...

Heh, yep... they are actually CALLED "Nanny Cams." You can get them regular plus you can also get them disguised in a teddy bears and other stuff. Those cams are for catching naughty nanny's in the act. How do I know this? No clue.

The place looks quite spiffy, indeed.

Lynanne said...

I LOVE the new look. At first I thought the background was a bit too distracting but I very quickly got used to it and now like it a lot. You're right - the colors are great!

beth said...

Oooooh. Love the color scheme! I didn't notice anything weird withthe font color. I think it all looks great.

And the gym's not empty, babe. Sam and I are over here hanging out over here by the ropes. (We were out of town for the past few days though.)

Dawnyel said...

Okay, after reading everyone else's comments...yes, the font is a bit distracting...it may be that it's the same color as the background and kinda messes with the eyes...even white would be okay, it's not the same as the colors that are behind. ANYWAY...I already told you in my last comment that I love it, but I'll tell you again...LOVE THE NEW LOOK!! :)
When you figure out the whole cheaper version of the survelience thing...let me know! :)