Sunday, July 23, 2006

See, you can win too!

Congratulations to Valarie from 'many mundane moments' who was this weeks winner of Say WHAT?



She successfully defeated The Big Fugr prevented him from dominating Say WHAT? for yet another week. Although he claims to have known this one as well. Are you sure you want to admit to that Mr. Fugr? What would Ace Frehley think?



This weeks quote was from 'Girls Just Want to Have Fun' a movie that took it's name from the great song and then featured a cover version of it performed by nobodys. How dumb. It was the fluffiest 80's movie I could think of this week. (And still it wouldn't have stumped Mr. you know who!) Starring Sarah Jessica Parker, Helen Hunt and Shannon Doherty when they were but wee gals starting out in the biz. Love Helen Hunt's character in this movie. As a kid, when I watched most movies, I would pick a character in the film that I would be if I could. I chose to be Lynne. She was kooky, outgoing, funky and self confident. The obvious choice would have been Janey. After all she's the dancer AND she gets the guy. But you know Lynne was just a lot more fun.




As always while doing my IBR (internet based research TM) I discovered something of interest. Lee Montgomery the romantic male lead was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba! Just hours away from the city I live in! How weird is that? He kinda reminds me of Joey from Blossom, no? Sadly he hasn't acted since 1988 according to IMDB. BUT also according to IMDB (love that site!) he now composes music! What for you might ask? Let me tell you... He composed the original music for these Blockbuster hits 'Farewell, My Love', 'Legend of the Phantom Rider' and 'Trespasses'. Yeah. I feel sorry for him too.



Yes, 'Girls Just Want To Have Fun' was fluffy. But it was also entertaining. It had dancing, romance and crimped hair. All of which I was a fan. And most importantly it was fun. Which is good. Because I'm a girl and well... you get my point.

2 comments:

Valarie said...

the baby in the pizza box, yeah, that's my life

Valarie said...

I sort of added a profile pic, but it's way small. and kind of a cop-out.

digitally yours,

Valarie