Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Arrival

I have blogging material for days and days but an event has occurred that takes precedence over everything else.

BABY A HAS A TOOTH!!!!!


I know, I'm so excited too. After 10 long months as a toothless wonder she is now the proud owner of a left top central incisor. I discovered it last night during our evening snuggle and nurse. She was in the mood for sleeping yet so she started to complain and scrunch up her little nose exposing her upper gums. That's when it caught my eye. Is that a...? Could it be a...? No, surely it's not a... Tooth! It was indeed a tooth and not in the place I was expecting it to appear first. I exclaimed “Oh wow she's got a tooth!” Her dad was shocked. “Really?” “Yeah, turn the light on!” I told him and she began to grin displaying her pearly white nub of a tooth for us. I was way more excited that I thought I would be. I think that if she had actually gotten teeth when I expected her to I wouldn't have been nearly as excited.

I'm thinking it must have been there all day and I just hadn't noticed. How could I not notice? How does a baby go from no teeth to a tooth just like that? This may explain her clingy behavior also, no? As well as the fact that she felt really warm the night before last when she went to bed.

Sprouting a tooth is hard work! I tried taking a couple of pictures. It was harder than I thought. I made little pointies to show you where to look.





I am totally fascinated by this tooth. I could look at it all day. She's going to grow tired of me poking around in her mouth. (um... she already is) I'm breathing a sigh of relief because now I know for sure that she will have at least one tooth. She can be the supermodel with one tooth. It'll be her thing.

7 comments:

bon said...

SWEET! I know the wait of which you speak... 10 months? I thought I was being put upon because we didn't get one till 8 1/2 months. For some reason I thought that baby A was much older than Pearl. That's only a month and a half. They could totally party together!

Dawnyel said...

I'm dying at the first pic you have where you are prying open her mouth to show all of us her tooth! :D That's so fun! Now maybe she'll be a happier camper? :)
(I'm also laughing over the word verification....hihohi!!)

kate said...

it's totally a milestone! i love celebrating all the firsts.

Mall Worker said...

Yay Baby A! You finally have a tooth! I hope now that its cut she'll have an easier time now! It looks so cute!

Jamie said...

Good job Baby A!!
Your nursing may get a bit more interesting now huh?
Avery nibbles from time to time and oh my it hurts bad! :)

beth said...

Yay! So happy you don't have to wrry about this anymore; I know you were stressing about your gummy child. And I have to admit, I felt really proud of Sam when his first tooth came in. I hadn't expected that, but I really was full of pride.

Lynanne said...

Way to go A! She's so lucky to get the center teeth first. My poor lil gal is getting her side teeth in first and is probably going to look like a vampiress like her older brother did at this age LOL