Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Debut

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY TO ALL MY U.S. BUDDIES!

This is a very exciting post for me since it is my first time using YouTube. Well, to be honest, Peter did all the work I'm just putting it up on my blog for you all to enjoy. I'm planning an entire YouTube week. A look inside my world. If you dare...

I have been wanting to incorporate YouTube for some time. As with everything I gave it a lot of thought. I often question what I'm putting out there into cyberspace. I do worry about the safety of my family and especially my daughter. Yet I find myself drawn to these amazing things that so many are doing on the internet. Blogging, video sharing, picture sharing. I know there's that saying about jumping off a bridge if everyone else did but it doesn't seem to matter. Maybe I'm not cynical enough. Maybe I should be more paranoid than I am. I certainly have good reason to be. Perhaps I'll change my mind some day. When Little A is older and I'm not with her all the time. If this world we live in becomes even more despicable than it already is. For now I want to share little fragments of my life with others. I'm enjoying my expanding social circle.

While at my in laws this weekend we did some video taping. It was so cute I decided it was time to take the YouTube plunge. There was a fair on in town and we went on Saturday afternoon. Baby A went on two rides. Well three, if you count the carousel twice. She loved it and I'm predicting she's going to be a dare devil. The only other ride we could go on (because I had to go on them with her) was a train ride. It simply went around and round the track. No up and down, no cool music. After riding the carousel it was just plain boring for her. So we had to go on it again. We missed taping the carousel the first time I took her on it. Peter was taking pictures instead. We taped the train ride (yawn) and then the carousel again. I think you can plainly see how bored A is on the train. She clearly enjoys the carousel more but by the second time she was tired and not quite as excited as the first. You can hear Peter say “Oh crap!” at the beginning of the carousel part because he missed taping the first part of the ride. It's all very funny. We finally captured A waving to her Dada after much prompting all day. Then we both patted the horsey on the head and thanked him for the ride. Oh and the ride at the end of the video is called 'The Zipper'. This is a ride that I rode many times as a teenage girl. It was the one and only 'big kids ride' Peter and I went on. I was terrified. I felt irresponsible risking my life riding this 'Zipper' now that I had an infant daughter. Who would take care of her after my freak fair ride death? But I didn't die. I screamed but I didn't die.

So here it is our debut YouTube. Mama D productions presents...

The Mama D Family Fair Adventure!


6 comments:

Valarie said...

I loved the zipper, too! I haven't seen one in years, so I'm not sure how I'll feel about it now.

The carousel operator in Central Park told us that he could tell our son wasn't quite two because something happens around that age when kids develope a sense of fear. Babies are fine and older kids are fine, but two year olds won't come near it.

Dawnyel said...

So cute! She really liked that carousel...didn't she!?
By the way...LOVE the new blog look! :)

Mall Worker said...

I'm glad she liked the carousel! I'm kicking myself for not trying it with Boo! I thought it would scare him!

Just MJ said...

I had to chase down the video at youtube.com and got a little distracted watching videos of cats trained to use the toilet (disgusting but fascinating!)fireworks, and home music vidoes. I finally found your video. Very cute.

bon said...

Hahahahaha! Here I came to berate you for lack of posting on the "Experiment," and HOLY CATS! I see that you have been entirely too busy.

I have been wanting to do the You Tube thingy... but mostly because I have an old bit of footage of Birdie that I think is too funny not to share with the world.

too lazy.

Lynanne said...

Thank you so much for sharing! I really must figure out how to transfer video to my blog also. It adds a whole new dimension to the blog. I hope you'll do more!!!