Sunday, August 06, 2006

It's Great To Be A Winner!

This week's winner of Say WHAT? is none other than my real life and new-to-blogging buddy Jay from And then there were four! I can't think of a more fantastic way to enter the blogging world than to win a game in your first week of blogging! I couldn't be happier really. It has been so cool to head over to her blog each day and check out what is going on in her world. If I could get everyone I know to start blogging I'd be one happy Mama.



I thought this quote was appropriate this week what with my black eye due to the ass kicking I suffered. I loved The Karate Kid. If I hadn't lived in such a stinkin' small town with nothing to do I'm pretty sure I would have started taking Martial Arts back then.




As I said when I posted this weeks quote, this movie appealed to both the tomboy and the girl in me. My girl self had a gargantuan crush on Ralph Macchio after seeing this movie. My tomboy self wanted to learn Karate so I kick the butts of those jerks who were beating up my beloved Daniel-son. Looking at photos of him now, I guess he doesn't look a whole lot different, but I no longer find him that attractive. I think this could be because his boyish charm is gone. I know I watched this movie many times along with all the sequels except 'The Next Karate Kid' starring Hilary Swank. I should have really watched that one since I'm all about the tough girls.

So there you have it. Come back again next Friday for another Say WHAT?





3 comments:

Dawnyel said...

That's one movie I LOVE to watch...I just haven't seen it for years and years. :)
I was actually watching SpongeBob SquarePants with my son this morning and wouldn't you know it...it was about Karate...and the master on the cartoon was voiced by Pat Moriarti. Coincidence?!

Jenn said...

I was with you on the crush bit. Oh, Ralph. But you're right, he has lost his boyish charm.

Looking forward to next Friday!!

bon said...

mmm... Ralphie boy never did that much for me though I liked that movie. I was way more about the Matt Dillon and Emillio Esteves from The Outsiders... the badboy and the badboy-clown.

I too,was way more interested in BEING the KK, than DATING the KK. The main difference is that you, Mama D, are kicking some arse and taking some names, I am taking the girls out for walks in the morning. Meh, it's something for now.