Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Baby A is Born

To celebrate our last few days of holidays we all decided to get sick. Peter is running a fever, Baby A was up barfing (on me) in the night and I am... ahem... running to the bathroom. Excellent! And the real kicker is we were three hours away from home at a cabin with Peter's brother and his family. Miss A slept the whole way home which was sublime. I only wish I could have done the same!

Needless to say I'm not in much of a mood to write a long, beautiful story about today's YouTube, which I promised would be late. (I don't like to disappoint.) It's pretty self explanatory. We video taped me in her room as I was in labor, displaying my enormous pregnant belly then we cut to me literally just after having her. Little A is laying on her back, as calm as can be. My midwife is puttering around cleaning up. Then we have some other footage of the following day in hospital before we realized that we would be stuck there for several more days and our spirits were still up. Soundtrack credits to Coldplay.

"Look at the stars,
Look how they shine for you,
And everything you do,
Yeah they were all yellow,"


Anyway, the cute factor is quite high I think. It's hard to believe that just over 11 months ago she was just a little blob who cried all the time and didn't care for eating. I can't tell you all how happy I am that we are beyond that stage. I'd take the occasional temper tantrum over those early days in a heartbeat.

6 comments:

bon said...

Ahhhh... the early days of your first baby! Yup, very cute and I am with you... I NEVER EVER want to go through that again!

Could Peter look any more star-struck in love?

Lynanne said...

I shed even more happy tears with this one. Peter is such the proud dad! You look wonderful, both before and right after! I think I'm going to have to burn the tape of me after Ella was born. I was majorly strung out from all the drugs they gave me before, during, and after the c-section.

Jenn said...

I've never seen Peter smile so much before!! That was really nice. Lynanne is right, you look so good. I wouldn't have guessed you'd just given birth!! I don't think I even have any pictures of me until the day after!

I hope you're all feeling better really soon. That really sucks!

Mall Worker said...

That was such a beautiful video! Peter just looks so happy! You looked great!

Jamie said...

That is really great Mama D, I am so jealous and wish I had video of all of that. Thanks for sharing, it was so sweet.

Dawnyel said...

It's easy to see that Baby A had daddy wrapped around her little fingers from the moment she was born!! :)
It's hard to believe that she was that little just less than a year ago!! WHOA!! How time does fly! :)