Tuesday, October 10, 2006

We Interrupt Our Current Program

So here it is, as promised my television interview.

Here are some interesting tidbits of information.

#1 The 'set' that we filmed on was in a huge warehouse sized room. Although the laminate flooring appears to go on and on, it doesn't. About a foot (maybe) in front of where I am sitting it just drops off and below the 'set' is concrete floor. Someone who saw the interview asked, was I hanging on to Miss A's sleeve to try to keep her on camera? No. I was trying to keep her from walking off the set and splitting her head open.

#2 You'll notice my husband's voice dubbed in “Mama D” and “Baby A” near the beginning of the interview. Just for fun he did it in a cheesy voice. I'm not sure how many times she said our names but it was a lot. Also the white bar at the bottom during the clip is protecting our identities. We also edited out the names of the midwives and the lactation consultant that I mentioned. So when the audio cuts out, that's why.

#3 During the 7 minute interview I say “breastfeed” or “breastfeeding” six times and the interviewer says it three times. I also saying “pump” or “pumping” seven times. I only counted once, I may be a bit off. I also said “Like” a couple of times.

You can see at the beginning of the interview Miss A is having some snacks. As I mentioned here she soon decides they would be more fun to throw than eat. Then she decides to play 'horsey' and eat them right out of my hand rather than pick them up. At this point she begins rubbing her eyes, classic “I'm tired” behavior. I consider it lucky that we didn't have any sort of screaming or head throwing during the interview.

My voice sounds pretty husky in this interview. I was still getting over a bad cold which caused me to actually lose my voice altogether. Another thing that annoys me is that I mention how I would bottle feed her what I pumped while I was at work. Obviously, I wasn't the one who bottle fed her while I was working. There I go again, trying to take credit for EVERYTHING around here.

I have watched it several times now and I can do it without cringing. I think the interview went pretty well. I don't know how inspiring I was or how many Mamas or expectant Mamas were actually watching but if there were I hope I was interesting at the very least. I'm glad I agreed to do it and if I was ever asked to do anything like that again I wouldn't hesitate to say yes.

6 comments:

Lynanne said...

You should be so proud of yourself! The interview is fantastic and you look wonderful. You are an amazing, inspring woman! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!!!

this single spark said...

You rock!!!

Valarie said...

you did a great job! I think you're a wonderful advocate for breastfeeding moms.

Also, I really liked how you did your hair and baby A is a doll.

Dawnyel said...

Wow! What a good job! Oh, and baby A was TOTALLY adorable! :) She just didn't want to stick around for the boring adult stuff!
Watching and listening to this interview makes me a bit sad that I didn't try harder to breastfeed Cam when he was little. I mean, you struggled for THREE months! I only tried for one! I'm such a wuss! You are wonder-woman! :) (I guess I'll just have to try again the next time I have a baby!)

bon said...

Too cool! This reminds me of HOW DANG HARD it is to learn to BF. And each baby is a new frontier and a new learner.

SO, so , so proud of you Mama D!

Sugarmama said...

You did great! I would've been a mess up there, but you seemed so calm and collected and, I think, VERY inspiring! Kudos! (And nice highlights.)