Thursday, October 19, 2006

Lazy Bones

I don't know what has been up with me lately, I have been so tired. Needing to catch up on sleep lost from Monday morning's barf fest perhaps? I don't know but I haven't been able to drag myself out of bed in the mornings.

I have been going to bed at the same time as my husband and often have great intentions of getting up around the same time or at least before he leaves for work. I haven't managed to do it all week. I keep thinking about all the stuff that so badly needs doing around here and feel dumb for ever complaining about it since, clearly I can't be bothered to get my rear out of bed to do any of it.

I justify my laziness somewhat by reminding myself how little sleep I'll be getting once we have another baby. So I may as well take advantage of the fact that Miss A enjoys sleeping until 9:00 am while I can. I am such a pessimist I am convinced our next child will get up at 6:00 am every day.

I have such a hard time giving myself a break about these kinds of things. I always have to feel guilty about sleeping later. Or I wonder why other mom's seem to be able to do it and I can't. I don't know. I know this is just a phase in my life. Once my kids are old enough to go to school (perhaps sooner) there will be no more sleeping till nine! I just can't seem to convince myself to relax and enjoy it.

9 comments:

bon said...

First.. let me say that is a painfully cute bummie. It IS just a phaze of life! I don't know about you, but I live in my primary workspace... if I don't pace myself I will lose it. This is a fact, I've tried the super-dooper bit and hit the wall big time.

That said I drug my sorry behind up at 7:30 am with the girls. Not such a bad time to arise, except I didn't get to bed till 1:30am. The hazards of season II of "24." I can keep this up for three days running and then I crap out. We are on day two.

Anonymous said...

Did you say kids? As in plural? Did I miss an announcement on this? ;-)

Don't feel bad about sleeping late, sometimes our bodies just need it. And I've always had a very hard time dragging my butt out of bed and I don't even have kids! In fact I plan on keeping baby in our room for the first month, so I don't have to go too far to get him when he wakes up for a feeding (I haven't told Cam this yet though!)

I think that lately the weather and the fact that it's so dark in the morning and again so early makes it hard for our bodies to understand why we want them to be awake!

Lei said...

oh please enjoy it - n behalf of moms everywhere who MISS those good ole days - enjoy it!!! :)

Dawnyel said...

I know how you feel! But I've learned a very hard lesson...Don't EVER compare yourself with anyone else! They have not been through the same things you have, and they are NOT you!
It's hard to enjoy yourself when you're feeling guilt! (Seriously...I know what you are talking about!) I hope it gets better for you! :)
Love the sleeping pose! SO CUTE!! I just wanna pinch that bum! :D

Jenn said...

I fifth the motion- enjoying your sleeping in.

Jenn

Mall Worker said...

Enjoy the sleeping in. Don't feel guilty about it, I know its hard. Sometimes sleeping in like that is one of the best things you can do for yourself.

about plantain: said...

that is one cute picture!... my husband calls that the crouching-baby stance....

Jenn said...

I've been feeling lazy too. Must be something in the air. Enjoy your sleeping in, that is a special gift that A gives you!! I love the mornings that mine sleep 'til 8 or 8:30. Rare but treasured!

Sugarmama said...

My husband got up with the baby at 6:15 yesterday morning, and allowed me to continue sleeping in til 9:00! 9:00! Did I feel guilty? Only for about 2 seconds until he smiled at me when I came downstairs, clearly pleased I'd gotten some rest. I say take it where you can get it!

And by the way, they DO get old enough to turn on their own Saturday morning cartoons at some point! Boy, was that a happy weekend when I figured that out...!