Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Three!!

There was so much Bah Hum Bugging going on in yesterdays post I thought I'd try to lighten things up a bit. How can anyone be in a bad mood when faced with this picture.



Can you see yet another tooth? Yep, that's right, a third tooth. Oh the excitement! You can see a fourth on the other side is not too far behind. Unfortunately it would seem that each new tooth is accompanied by diarrhea and vomiting. That combination is bad at any time of day but as I mentioned at the end of yesterday's post having to deal with it at 5:30 after stupidly not going to bed until 1:00 am is the worst. Hey, I'm not Bah hum bugging. Just sayin'.

She was back in bed by seven and then woke up again at the usual 9:00 am-ish time. She woke up happy and normal. As though she didn't remember all the retching and dry heaving she had been doing several hours earlier. I wish I had that same amnesia regarding my first four months of pregnancy. If I did I may not be so absolutely terrified to get pregnant again.

Anyway, she is a happy three toothed girl. And I am a happy (just keep telling myself that) only slightly exhausted Mama. So we're doing good. Have a happy day!

6 comments:

Lynanne said...

Ugh...blogger just ate my comment...

I hope last night was better than the previous! I can't think of many things worse than having a puking, pooping child when you're short on sleep. :(

Mall Worker said...

Way to Go Baby A! I hope her teething "fun" goes away soon!

bon said...

yay TEEEEEEETH!

Dawnyel said...

You forget what kids go thru to get teeth...I'm dealing with a teething almost-three-month-old! (Yes, he's only 3 months old, and getting teeth!) I feel for mothers of teethers! Awww! Poor Mama D!!

Allie said...

Mama D: I understand your deeply imbedded concern about the morning sickness with your first pregnancy. I was extremely ill for the first 5 months of my with my son. To the point that twice I had to get IV treatment due to puking up anything that I tried to put in.

I am happy to report though, that I am five months pregnant with #2 and haven't had a day of nausea!! Some say each pregnancy is different and I can say that this little slogan certainly worked for me! Good luck and have fun trying for number 2!!

Jenn said...

Hopefully the barfing ends after tooth number three. Third time's the charm, right!?
I love how getting teeth gives them a whole new look. Those little white chicklets are so cute!