Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Infection

Okay, I have a bad temper. Did any of you know this about me? Yesterday I was fed up and ready to stop blogging. Would you like to know why? Because I had my post all finished and ready to go but as I was writing it Blogger's 'connection was lost' so I couldn't save it. So I just left the page open like I always do when this happens. I came back to it later. Tried to add a picture. It wouldn't let me do it with out typing in my password which I, um, forgot. Opps. I'll figure it out again. I wrote it down somewhere... Anyway, I decided to publish without putting in my picture and when I did it ate my post and took me to yet another page asking me to sign in again. Blah! This has never happened before. It must be new Blogger protocol. I was angry. Usually I have my posts saved in my word processing program but for some reason I didn't this time. Grrr. I did salvage some of what I had written and as you can see the first thing I was posting about was how I was worried that Blogger is not permitting some of my comments. Read on...

First of all this is my paranoia talking, but I'm wondering if anyone is having difficulties commenting on my blog. I know 'The Mama' was and she wrote about it here. Blogger seems to be acting up a little in regards to comments. Or maybe, everyone just decided I am boring and stopped reading me. Which makes me sad because I enjoy all of the comments I get and I miss them. If anyone is having trouble commenting, if Blogger is blocking you for some reason please email me at crazy_mama_d(at)mts(dot)net and let me know. I'll make some adjustments, and perhaps deal with being spamed just because I want to hear what you have to say!

Next I was infected by something called 'The Indie Virus' by Mary at Owlhaven. I am totally flattered because she wrote “She is a new mom who reminds me of my first days of motherhood 17 years ago.” That blows me away because I think she is absolutely AMAZING and I can't even imagine being the mother that she is. Seriously, 8 kids. Woah dude, I get tired just thinking about it. So the deal with this Indie Virus is that it's very contagious. I'm sorry but some of the people I read are inevitably going to get it.

Chris Pearson from Pearsonified is the creator of the virus and it's purpose is to:
*To bring exposure to lesser known blogs (especially those outside of Technorati's top 100)
*To explore the metrics behind a viral linking campaign launched by the "little guys" (less popular blogs)

So, who's got it? (Click on Virus to go to the blog!)

The Mama is totally infected with The Indie Virus.

LynAnne from Taking the Road Less Traveled definitely has The Indie Virus.

Diana from Toronto Teacher Mom Blog has got The Indie Virus Bad!

Now that I think of it maybe that's why I lost my blog yesterday. It's a symptom of The Indie Virus. I should have known!

I remember what I also wrote about yesterday. I wrote about my darling baby (imagine that) and how she is not the glorious sleeper she once was. On Friday night which is followed by Saturday morning, the one morning I have to be up early to get ready for work, she gets up at 3:00 am. She ate and went back to sleep. Lucky her. Afterwards I lay in bed fretting about how tired I would be and obsessing about the day I had. Then the time changed. She went to bed her usual time on Sunday night but awoke at 5:00 am on Monday morning! We both went back to bed around 6:00 but I ended up sleeping through, except to recieve a goodbye kiss around 7:30, till my mom arrived to babysit at 9:00. I was barely awake when I heard her knock on my door. Crap! I didn't go to the gym. We just made homemade turkey soup together instead. Which was fine except it wasn't in my plan. It's not my routine. I like my routine. Then last night Little A was hyper, HYPER!, till like 11:00. It reminded me of the old days when she stayed up so late. I didn't like it one bit. Then many times during the night she cried out and went back to sleep. It was like having an alarm set to go off every two hours or so. You could turn it off but it still woke you up. I don't know if this is pre-teeth behavior or what but eck. I want to go back to the way it was! Boo Hoo! Today I am going to post a picture if Blogger will cooperate. Evidence of Baby A's soon to be mobility. Look out world!

10 comments:

Dawnyel said...

I'm sorry that Blogger is being such a pain! I've been having those problems too! They're so agrivating! I hope you DON'T quit...I really enjoy reading your blog.
I'm confused about the whole Indie Virus thing, but when my brain gets back from vacation maybe I'll be infected too! :)

Just MJ said...

It must be the time change, because I too was confused by the Indie virus. I clicked on all the links, but still am fuzzy. Cute pic of Baby A. She looks like you.

this single spark said...

Hi you! Check what you put as your email address. Is that right? Is it supposed to be mts(dot)net? And don't quit blogging please!! I love reading your posts, and I only have a cat.

Mall Worker said...

Blogger did that to me too! Its so annoying!

Time changes are the worst! I hope Baby A's sleep pattern goes back to normal once she adjusts!

Rachelle said...

Ah the fun time change. For us it meant Cam finally is sleeping past 5:30. But he did wake in the night and cry, for the first time in a long time. So much fun!

Diane Viere said...

LOL! Your darling baby is getting ready to take off...and I just sent my 23 year old baby to Orlando, Florida--he's relocating! Geesh! I'd rather be in your shoes today!

What a darling picture!

Diane

Diane Viere said...

P.S.

I'm glad you didn't quit--stay with us!

Diane

GiBee said...

Okay .. first of all ... beautiful picture.

Second of all ... your little girl, and my little boy seem to have gotten their dixie cup phones out and are SCAMMING their mommies! They are both keeping us up at the same times.

Hmmmm...... I need to go find scissors and cut.the.string so we can sleep! Are you with me on this?

Anonymous said...

I am sending you this ((HUG)) ! You need it! And most likely a soak in the tub with bubbles!

Diana Mancuso said...

I feel >sick...

Boy oh boy! When you look at baby's stretching like that, it makes Yoga look so easy!