Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Before and After

Yesterday I had my hair done. Note the unexciting before and after photos.

Before



After





They look the same except that in one my hair is in pig tails and the other it is down and straight. My makeup looks the same except if you are really paying attention my eyeshadow is gold in the before and green in the after. Thank you Trucco Angel Face. I didn't have my hair cut though I meant to get my fringe cut. Things went how they often go – hurray, quick let's get this done. My co-workers mother was looking after her two year old son and Audrey at her house while we were doing each other's hair. We had to hustle. Therefore, the fringe was forgotten. Perhaps I'll post an updated after later on this week. So what, you may ask, is different? We added highlights. Because I think you care I'll link you to the exact shades. My base color is 6SB and my highlights are 8SB. SB standing for Silver Brown. It's a new color. Exciting. We are going to a hair show on Sunday and we wanted to look fashionable. I'm not sure if I succeeded but you know, at least I tried. Peter, Audrey, my co-worker and I will pile into the car at 8:00 am and make the two hour trip. We will drop Baby A and her Dad off at his brother's house so they can have a visit and she can play with her Auntie, Uncle and cousins. They should have fun. By 4:00 we'll be leaving. A quick in and out trip. Which I am not at all stressed about. Really. I'm not. Or if I keep saying I'm not, maybe I won't be.

It's amazing how long I can talk about nothing of any particular importance. Another reason I didn't write yesterday, besides being busy with vanity, is because I am sad. I hate to be vague but for now that is all I am prepared to be. Something very unpleasant has happened. Not to us particularly but to someone we care about and it affects us in a big way. It is a situation which I am still struggling to understand. I have shed many tears already and I'm sure there will be many more. I want to write about it but I have no perspective about it at the moment so I want to wait until I do. I just know that the next couple of weeks are going to be difficult and your kind thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.

To any of you who may be interested I have updated “The Mama D Experiment”.

12 comments:

Just MJ said...

Hi mama d,
Sorry to hear that you are sad. I hope things get better for you. I enjoyed the pictures. The hair show sounds like fun. Good luck.

bon said...

I started out the post feeling pretty cool about myself because I totally loved your highlights! They do so much for your hair...they do so much for MY hair.

But you are sad.

Reading and waiting and praying for you and yours... take your time with all of that.

this single spark said...

I thought that you didn't seem like yourself last night. Sorry to just drop in on you like that, especially since it turned out to be such a bad time. Big hug. Thinking of you, my friend.

owlhaven said...

Fun hair! Sorry about the sad thing, whatever it is....

Mary

Mall Worker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mall Worker said...

Sorry about the deleted comment, I had a very bad typo and I wasn't about to leave it there!

Anyway, I said I love the hair! It looks fab as always!

If you need someone to listen to, I'm always around!

The Big FUGR said...

Hair looks good. Anything I can do on the other thing? You know I'm here if you need me...

Dawnyel said...

Your hair is cute! I'm also sorry about the thing that's going on. I hope all goes well...I'll be thinking of you! :)

Tracy said...

you are in our thoughts and prayers...

Sugarmama said...

I totally noticed the highlights, and think you look very stylish indeed.

However, I'm sorry that you're sad about the thing that happened. I hope that everything turns out o.k. for those involved.

GiBee said...

MamaD -- you are a young and hip mama!!!

Just know we're here for you whenever you're ready to share... but until then ... I'll be praying for you and your friends!

Rachelle said...

Great pics! I like your hair. I wish I had nice hair. I understand the sad thing. I hope it goes away!