Monday, March 13, 2006

Explainations and Information

I'm sure you have all been dying of curiosity since Friday when I posted my “Two Lies and a Truth” game. Well, wait no longer! I will satisfy your burning need to know which of the following are lies and which ones are the truth.

1.I come from a family of 5 children.
2.I inherited 50,000 dollars from my grandfather.
3.I have naturally blond hair.

The truth is that I am the youngest of 5 children. Often referred to as 'the baby' (until my daughter was born) and informed that I was/am spoiled. I consider myself to be more spoiled now than I was as a child. And now it seems everyone is 'spoiling' my daughter, both with gifts and with their attention. She doesn't appear to mind. The first three children born were girls all approximately 2 years apart. My brother was born 6 years after that and I was born 10 years after my brother. The age difference between my oldest sister and myself is close to 20 years. It was a strange dynamic growing up. My two oldest sisters were no longer living at home. My other sister was there for the first 2 years of my life and literally acted like a mother to me. The most photographs taken of me are during this period from 0-2 years. She has since told me how difficult it was for her to move away and leave me in a home that she knows was unstable and dysfunctional. My parents were basically alcoholics and were relatively irresponsible in regards to me at that time. Since my brother was my closest to my age and also the only one still living at home I really looked up to him. This may be why I was (am) such a tomboy. I always wanted him to be proud of me and tried to achieve this in the strangest ways. Some of the things I remember doing to impress him were burping and farting really loud. If I had only known that he considers this to be incredibly unlady-like and now brags about how he has never (in ten years!) heard his wife fart or burp in front of him. To this I say whoopitty-doo! I am glad I married a man that embraces my burps and farts because they are normal body functions! In any case I think he found it rather comical back then as well as the times when I would challenge him to a wrestling match. It would always end with him getting me in a headlock and me saying “I give up!” Once he would release me I would jump on him again, convinced that this time I would win!

The first 5 of my ten nieces and nephews were more like brothers and sisters to me since I was closer to their ages. I played Barbies with the girls and sports with the boys. It was difficult when I came to that awkward age when I felt I was too old to play with the kids yet I was still too young for my sisters to include me in their conversations. I often feel jealous of my sisters when they talk about growing up together. They shared a lot of the same friends and they were all very close to each other. I envy that bond that they share. I wish I had had a sister to comfort me when I used to lay in bed listening to my parents fight. I know that we want to try for another baby when Audrey is about 2. I think it will be nice for her to have a brother or sister to love. Whew! I wish I had inherited 50,000 dollars from anyone. And although my three sisters are blond, my brother and I have dark hair. He actually looks Greek or Italian. That must be some of our native heritage coming through in him. I myself have a medium brown colored hair.

1.I love green peppers.
2. I wore a medieval wedding gown.
3. I have a very hairy back.

My other truth is that I did wear a medieval wedding gown. It all started with a song called 'The Sun in the Stream' off this album. I decided at about 16 that I would one day walk down the aisle to that song. If you've never heard it you should and then you would know how it inspired my whole wedding. I did go to a bridal shop to try on 'traditional' gowns but it only solidified the fact that I really wanted something different. I ended up having my gown sewn for me. I took the seamstress this movie and showed her this particular dress. It wasn't quite as fancy, and I picked a champagne colored fabric for the main part and a wheat colored fabric for the accents and the flowing sleeves. It was a fall wedding so my invitations had fall leaves and water droplets on them. We decorated the tables and the cake with silk leaves in rich fall colors. My hair was similar to this or this only instead I had it braided at the back like a crown and there was ivory ribbon wrapped around the braid. It was one of the happiest days of my life and I felt really, really beautiful. Oh and by the way, I hate green peppers and I don't have a hairy back.

5 comments:

Mama D said...

In regards to the Robeez shoes and Target... we don't have Target stores in Canada. :( I will have to try the online suggestions! Thanks!

Lynanne said...

Awww, I almost bought a pair of those shoes when I saw them on clearance at Target! I went back a few weeks ago but they were gone.

My baby shoe fetish has been girly slippers. It started when her daddy gave her a pair for a newborn gift instead of an outfit (we had so many clothes) Her latest pair is blue with green bugs on them and are a bit boyish but so cute.

Anyway back to your truths - very interesting! You had me stumped...I never would have guessed. I *LOVE* your wedding dress!!! How wonderful that you found someone to sew it for you. What a dream come true!

bon said...

see...now that I see that it was two lies and ONE TRUTH... I feel like a total jackass.

I thought it was two truths and one lie.

awwwww.... I lose.

Rachelle said...

I want to see pics of your dress. It sounds gorgeous! And I'd love the money. Too bad that was not true.

Just MJ said...

Hey Bon

Don't feel bad, I also thought it was two lies, one truth. Oh well, it was still fun. Thanks Mama D.