Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Drat, Curses etc...

Whew! I was going to post something yesterday but it would have been pitiful. I'm not kidding. So, instead of posting, or reading blogs I napped. That's right. I napped. I don't nap. I like the idea of napping. When I try to do it my body just doesn't usually cooperate. But due to certain circumstances napping yesterday was not a problem. On Monday I did accomplish all of the tasks I had before me. I have my gorgeous, wonderful baby who napped for THREE HOURS to thank for that. During said nap I managed to shower and prepare a double batch of supper and bread pudding - one for the couple with the new baby, one for us. (It was delicious!) I finished cleaning too! Before starting my marathon of tasks I prepared myself for it to take me the entire day to finish. Miraculously I completed everything with time to spare. I sat down to feed Audrey in disbelief. She and I delivered our meal and visited the little tiny cute baby boy. We came home put our supper in oven and hung out together. Dad arrived home from his twelve hour work day in a surprisingly good mood.

It was approximately at this time when I began to have a strange feeling come over me. I surmised that it must be fatigue which would be understandable. I couldn't wait for Audrey to go to bed so I could do the same. Which I did. When I heard her cry sometime later I decided it must be around 5 am. Imagine my shock and disbelief when I looked at the time to see it was only 12 am! I lay there for a while longer and sure enough she was fine. Me on the other hand, I was not. I realized that I was terribly cold and felt awful. I pulled our extra blanket up and tried to get warm. I tossed and turned. I got up eventually and took some Tylenol. Peter woke up at some point and asked if I was okay. I told him I was cold. He felt me and said I was burning up. He tried to cuddle me until the heat of my body had given him third degree burns and he could no longer stand it. I think I fell asleep. I woke up later and was unbearably hot. I shed my shirt and most of the covers and fell asleep again. Peter got up to go to the gym at 5:30. I still felt awful. I slept until 7:30 when she woke up. I determined I had a cold – again.

Peter had the morning off which was fantastic because he was able to come to our appointment with the public health nurse. Since we are not having her vaccinated yet she was weighed and measured. She weighs 18lbs 11 ounces. She is 28 ¾ inches long which is off the charts tall. Is it weird I am happy about this? Having wished I was taller practically my whole life I hope she actually is tall when she's older and loves it. Perhaps this is why I was always attracted to tall men? It was my subconscious goal to procreate with a tall man and have freakishly tall children. * Laughs maniacally *

I wondered about canceling the La Leche League meeting but I decided that I could always go and hide in my bedroom while everyone was in the living room. Since Audrey had a three hour nap again yesterday after lunch that is when my couch called my name. I was sitting at the computer and it said in a soothing voice “What are you doing over there on that uncomfortable chair looking at that painfully bright screen? Come lay on me. I'm so comfortable even with my broken springs. You know you want to be with me. Come on.” I answered the call. I pulled a blanket down on top of me and drifted off to dreamland. Even though I was expecting the plumbers (who never came, they're coming tomorrow. grumble grumble.) I slept soundly until a half hour before the meeting. Just enough time to feed Audrey and set out the snacks. Those naps, they are good.

We had more visitors in the evening. Two ladies from my TaeKwon Do club who I have training with for nearly a decade. I love them dearly and couldn't bear to call and cancel. We had kept postponing the visit so I was really looking forward to seeing them. We had a nice time, they loved Baby A and showered her with attention.

Audrey's teething is reaching a new uncomfortable level for everyone. We finally went and purchased Hylands Teething Tabs last night. I haven't tried them yet but now have another tool in my arsenal. We will see how today goes. I am wondering if I actually had the flu rather than a cold because I actually feel pretty good today. My nose isn't running, I am only mildly stuffed up, no fever, no headache, so sore throat. Almost feeling normal. Strange. I am relieved though. I find looking after a baby while sick the most daunting task of all.

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

Yay for a nap! Those are pure heaven and to be treasured like no other. I married a tall man too. I'm hoping desperately to break the short cycle in our family. Although right now Cam is perfectly average in his height, I hope for growth. His dad is 6'8" and my stepson is 5'11" at 13, so there is hope. Neither were tall as babies.

bon said...

Today Pearl wore a short sleeve shirt for the very first time in her life (onesies under other things don't count). I realized that her chubby arm is bigger than the width of her chubby hand with only a wrist crease between the two for definition. This makes me delighted. All of my girls are tall... again delighted.

Happy nappy-doo-dah!

Anonymous said...

I meant to come for a visit after Taekwon-do as well, but ended up having to stay at home finishing up "homework" for a job interview! I'll have to come visit soon, I miss having you at TKD!

Diana Mancuso said...

I can't believe you accomplished all those tasks in seemingly record time. Way to go, girl!

Glad you're feeling better.