Thursday, March 30, 2006

How I Traumatized A 19 Year Old Boy

Todays post is going to be haphazard, disjointed and unfocused. Is that okay?

Let's start with the funny (?) thing that happened this morning. I forgot that someone was coming to pick up my car to take it to be checked out at the the car hospital. (Poor gas mileage) I was in my pajamas, nursing bra – flaps down, bedheaded, etc. I definately did NOT look as sassy as the lovely lady sporting my nursing bra here. If I did, well, this could be a different story.

Knock, Knock.
What the? - head to answer the door thinking it must be my mom stopping by so I'm not too concerned about my boobs swinging around. Peek through the window and see what looks like a hung over 19 year old boy. I crack the door open and hide behind it. “Hi.” I say. I nearly said "You've come to the wrong house, Bambi doesn't live here and she's not impressed that you barfed on her last night."

Doesn't identify himself just says “Uh, do you have the key to your car?”

I'm perplexed for two seconds until, Ah ha! Right, they're picking up my car. “Yeah, hang on a minute.”

I close the door in his face, grab my keys and then realize I left Baby A who can roll now, on my bed, alone. I was so out of it with someone coming to the door. I ran to the bedroom while detaching my car key from my key chain, picked up Audrey and held her in front of me to both shield my unsightly swaying breasts from his innocent (ha ha) young eyes and also to show him that there was a good reason for me to still be in my jammies and looking the way I did. 'See I have a baby, therefore it was impossible for me to be dressed and prepared for your expected arrival to my home.' I wouldn't have felt SO bad if I had at least had my nursing bra buttoned up. Also, to defend myself, usually my car hospital has nice (?), young, skinny, ridiculously attractive (is this in the job description?) girls who come to pick up and deliver vehicles. If it had been one of them I would have been an example of why they should use birth control and not made some young guy want to barf up the 25 beers he drank last night. Sigh.

People had asked what the La Leche League 'enrichment' meetings were all about. I looked on the website to try to find their definition and found nothing. My description would be that they are a more relaxed, less formal meeting for breastfeeding moms. We try to talk about something that is relevant to what we are going through right now. Tuesday's topic was 'Romance and Breastfeeding'. Basically we all shared our own experiences about the difficulties of being 'romantic' after a baby and during breastfeeding as well as any successes any of us might have had. I was still feeling a bit crappy despite my nap, so I didn't really have much to contribute. I like being a part of a group like LLL because I think it is important for moms to share their experiences with other moms. Otherwise we are all out here on our own thinking that we are doing everything wrong. Or, at least, that's what I would be doing.

The plumber is coming this afternoon to try something else to fix our boiler. I really hope this will be it. I am sick of waiting around my house for them to come 'fix' it. Send us your good wishes that today will be the day!

Little A is up from her nap. I hope she is in a better mood than she was earlier this morning when she banged her face into the floor in anger. I fully expected her to have a bloody nose. Her temper frightens me a little. I'm thinking I need to get myself to a bookstore and find a manual for raising children with bad tempers. If it can't help me now, it may help me later.

6 comments:

GiBee said...

Huh.... I wonder how well your boiler will be fixed, what with swinging boobs and everything!

Rachelle said...

I have those same bras. They make you just feel all sexy and hot. I am so glad to be packing them away for a bit. I get to wear real bra's again!

bon said...

Heheheheh!
Not fun... but at least ya didn't moon him!

Diana Mancuso said...

Hooray for LLL. I wish I had joined that group...

Dawnyel said...

Oh, my gosh! That is hilarious about that kid coming to your door! I don't know if I would have been able to handle it the way you did...good for you! :)

Anonymous said...

I've worried about my Baby A's temper too! Maybe it's just a phase -let's hope so. If not, then we can share tips on baby ragers.

The Bravado bras are so convenient for nursing, but they really are awful. I feel like such a wild woman when I can wear a regular bra. woo hoo!

I'm glad you have a great LLL group. I have quit going to my local one. Need to find a better one, b/c I'd really like to go to meetings. At least I still get the magazine.
Marla