Thursday, March 09, 2006

News Flash

Young woman collapses at work and is later pronounced dead. Sources say that she had a very bad cold and shouldn't have been there at all. Prior to her collapse she had a coughing fit which caused her to lose consciousness...

Naw, don't worry – I'm still alive! In fact I'm doing pretty well. I went to work and was shocked to find that I hardly coughed at all. Peter and I had prayed for my health and I'm ashamed to admit I didn't have much faith that our prayers would be answered. I just thought that God must have more important things to do than make my cold go away. Goes to show how sometimes we are lucky enough to have our prayers answered without having the faith to back them up. And for those of you who don't believe in the power of prayer all I can say is, believe it! It probably seems goofy that something as simple as my cold symptoms being relieved is miraculous to me, but it is. Let me tell you what should be happening. I should have coughed my guts out at work, especially while breathing in the chemicals from the three color applications I did. I should have spent the last two nights up coughing, unable to sleep – miserable. This is normal for me and for this type of cold I have. Now I'm not saying that I haven't felt bad, I have. But I didn't know how I was going to cope with the lack of sleep that coughing all night was going to cause and have to look after a baby and have to go to work where I would continue to hack up a lung, then come home and put my baby to sleep. The last two mornings I have been awakened by my husbands alarm and can't believe I slept the whole night. To me, this is a miracle and our prayers were answered.

I still don't feel overly inspired to write anything lengthly or interesting. Just thought I'd fill you all in on my miraculous recovery. And leave you with something I found cool. I can't remember whose blog I saw it on. It's a Slogan Generating site. Here are a few slogan's it gave me for my site.

'The Tales of Mama D' tested, Mother Approved – I don't really like this one. It implies I am detested. That's not true is it?

There Ain't No Party Like A 'The Tales Of Mama D' Party
If You've Got the Time, We've Got the 'The Tales Of Mama D' – These one's are funny. Reminds me of stuff on this site. (TURN DOWN YOUR VOLUME AS NOT TO WAKE UP SLEEPING BABIES!)

Fall Into The 'the Tales Of Mama D' – Now this one is my favorite. It's got a nice ring to it, don't you think?

And as always, I aim to please. And you all seem to love the pictures, so I'll keep em' coming! Me and the babe. Notice the 'Ricola' cough drops in the background. There and ready for a middle of night coughing emergency.

8 comments:

Mama D said...

When Peter was home for lunch he 'sloganized' his name. It came up with - 'Make it a Peter night' and 'Peter keeps Going and Going' Too funny.

Sugarmama said...

I love that site. And your daughter's eyes looke exactly like yours there.

owlhaven said...

She's getting so big!!!

Mary

owlhaven said...

OK-- I LOOOOVED the slogan website! I stayed up too late playing with it to blog about it tonight but I am going to blog about it in the morning. Thanks for the link
Mary

Just MJ said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Baby A is adorable.

bon said...

Ahhhhgk! the CHEEKS! the edible CHEEKS!

Rachelle said...

Cute pics! I need to sloganize my name, but it is blocked at school. Glad you are feeling slightly better!

Anonymous said...

What a cute picture of you two! I'm glad you're doing better!