Tuesday, March 21, 2006

It MAY Be Fixed...then again it may not.

Well, the plumber didn't fall off our roof. He thinks he has the problem fixed. Gotta love that. “I don't really have a clue what was causing the blue flames to shoot out of your gas boiler but I THINK what I did has fixed it.” Let's hope so. It cost about $150.00 for the cleaning which I think was actually a good deal since he went up on our snow covered roof. Last year when we had the same thing done it cost the same amount, roof climbing excluded. From now on I am going to request it.

Mama D “Can you go up on the roof and look in our chimney?”
Plumber “Why?”
Mama D “Because I said so.”

I was invited out to a friends for lunch. (Yesterday) This was a nice surprise after the early jet engine wake up call and writing of $150.00 cheque. Audrey was a tad grumpy but my lunch dates enjoy holding her and one of their daughters cracks me up constantly saying “Hi, hi, hi!” to Little A in a high pitched voice. So cute.

I then received this email forward which was SO important I HAD to put it in my blog.


Generally, I hate the warnings that get sent around but I have to admit that this one is important.

Please protect everyone you know by sending this to your entire email list.

If someone comes to your front door and says they are conducting a survey and asks you to show them your bum, do NOT show them your bum.

This is a scam. They only want to see your bum.

I wish I'd got this yesterday, I feel so stupid and cheap.


So funny. It made my day.

But right now it is 15 minutes before my husband is done work and I have not started supper and there are no leftovers except rice pudding. I should really go make something or something.

A picture of Miss A clearly finding her crib more entertaining than her baby gym.


UPDATE:
The blue flames came shooting out again last night. The plumber will be back today. Oh, and we do have a carbon monoxide detector so don't worry too much about us y'all.

3 comments:

Mall Worker said...

I hope they figure out what the problem is! It sounds very scarey!

Lynanne said...

Darn it! I wish I would have read that warning yesterday. Someone came to the door and asked to see my boobs and I didn't know it was a scam. Too bad I had already fed the baby and they were stretchmarked and deflated. LOL Too funny!

I hope they fix your boiler and don't charge you for a second visit. How frustrating!

Diana Mancuso said...

Blue flames? Yikes!

LOL at the forward email.