Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Gesundheit

I hope you will all excuse my absence, this cold I have has a death grip on me. I hope to soon be recovered and back to my regular blogging self but right now it is taking every ounce of energy I have just to get through the day. Also, today I have to work! Yippee! I am currently in Phase Three of my cold so hopefully it will be over soon.

Phase One
Head fills up with 'cold' and 'cold' begins to drip out of your nose. Thus causing much wiping and blowing of said nose which causes it to become dry, red, raw and flakey. Attractive!

Phase Two
'Cold' moves to chest and is distinctly more solid, as though you have swallowed a brick and it only made it halfway down. Dry cough begins and cannot be stopped by hot beverages or cough lozenges. You continue to blow nose if only to release some of the pressure in your head. Each time you cough the house rattles and the top of your head feels like it will blow off, and you actually wish it would. Otherwise you just have a dull throbbing feeling in your head.

Phase Three
Dry cough has transformed into a wet cough. Head feels clearer and doesn't hurt while coughing. Coughing is more frequent and more powerful causing infant daughter to look at you with surprise.

I'm hoping going back to work won't make it worse, and before you say it - I'm not taking the day off. I'm stupid that way. I have to be bleeding to death from a gunshot wound or quarantined with some incurable virus before I'll miss work. It's dumb. I know. It's the guilty conscious you see... It's much worse than a bad cold.

6 comments:

Diana Mancuso said...

So that's how you spell gesundheit...

So, you're going to work to appease your guilty conscience.

I'd feel guilty for staying home but I'd get over it!

Rachelle said...

I hope you feel better soon! Being sick and working is so hard. But we do it. I save my sick days so I can stay home with Cam when he is sick.

bon said...

heyyyyy!
this was me last week... can you catch stuff online?

Sugarmama said...

In my phase 2 I have air blowing out of my eyes when I blow my nose. Isn't that whack?

Mall Worker said...

The good news is that your in phase three. The bad news is that sometimes phase three lasts forever! I hope you feel better soon!

Missy said...

I had that cold for about three weeks. I'm finally over it, though, and can now say that being sick officially sucks.

I hope you get better soon.

What is it with having kids and getting sick ALL OF THE TIME?