Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Am I Hot or Am I Not?

Last night Peter and I rediscovered something that we find hilarious. Shortly after we were married we found out about a website called Hot or Not? It is a website where people can post their photos and be rated on a scale from 1-10. Much like a website The Sarcastic Journalist wrote about called Rate My Poo (blame her not me). Only different.

Anyway, we thought it would be funny to post a wedding photo of each of us. (Dawn and Peter) I thought they were quite nice pictures of us only, clearly wedding shots. Some people actually use this site to hook up with people. For a while we were obsessed with checking our ratings. Then we forgot all about it. Until last night. We looked ourselves up after several attempts at remembering our passwords. I had a rating of 8, which has now slipped to a 7.9 based on 2744 votes. Peter has a rating of 7.3 based on 228 votes. Obviously men use this site more than women.

When you log in to check your rating it shows this bar graph breakdown of your ratings. as you can see I am hotter than 77% of the women on that site! Right on! Although if you take some time to peruse the site you would see that some of the pictures are horrible. In fact I am certain they have been posted by that person's enemy. Some photos I have seen look like the person is totally hung over or just woke up from a nap. As if you would personally post a picture of yourself like that on the internet. Oh wait, I did that didn't I? I am rather impressed by the number of 9's and 10's I have received but 1's 2's and 3's? I am SO hotter than that! I deserve no lower than a 4 rating with that picture. I have never before looked that good nor will I ever look that good again. Since it was my wedding day, it's as it should be.

As for Peter's picture and rating. He received a lot of 1's 2's and 3's. I have to say I strongly disagree. It seems he has mostly been rated a solid 5. He is SO much better looking than a 5. And there is a huge lack of 10's. He's absolutely a 10 in my book. Women can be so funny about what they find attractive. I do admit I've seen better pictures of him, picture that capture more personality and are closer to how he really looks. Since we were going with the wedding theme this is the one we picked. I still think he looks cute. Those 228 women are just stupid or blind.

What have I learned from this experiment of putting my picture on the internet to be rated by the world? That I am a 7.9 out of 10? No! That I am 77% hotter than the women on a totally silly website? No! I learned that even if you put a picture of yourself looking finer than you'll ever look for the rest of your life, people will still rate you a 1 out of 10. And do I care? NO!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I did the same thing long ago! I'm going to have to go check it out! And I agree those people are on there are FREAKY! (except us of course)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your Guess It winnings, and your hot hot hot status! ;)

bon said...

Whaaaa? Your husband totally looks like a guy that I crushed on in High School! He deserves a way higher hottee stat. K, you cold busted me. When I changed over my template at the new year my email address got lost, it's back in my profile.

Just MJ said...

My husband and I spent several hilarious minutes last night rating several pictures on this site. This site is addictive, I kept saying just one more picture, one more picture.

Emily said...

Why did I click on the rate my poo link? I knew I'd regret it before I even touched my mouse...lol

I don't think I'll be posting a photo of myself on that site. My tender ego couldn't take all the 1's and 2's...lol

Rachelle said...

I'd be in the negative #'s, so I won't post my pic. But people there judge solely on appearance. They don't realize all the special qualities that make somebody beautiful. My husband would be off the charts because of all he is on the inside.