Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Disjointed and Double Jointed

Well I did it. I played baseball. And as I expected my worst fears were realized. There I stood in the outfield for. what. seemed. like. hours. This, this is the reason for my hatred of baseball. I prefer activities that keep you moving. Such as soccer or TAEKWON DO! I do not do well with standing and waiting for someone to hit the ball to me only to watch me not be able to catch it and pathetically attempt to throw it to the infield. One of the few reasons I agreed to play (other than guilt and an inability to say no) was that it would be competitive. Even if I wasn't having the best time there would be the incentive to win. But wouldn't you know we didn't have enough players (could this be the reason I was asked?) so we played something called 'scrubs'. This meant we were essentially all on the same team or if there was anything the slightest bit competitive if you were batting – everyone else was against you. I was up to bat a few times. The other 'fun' part about scrubs is apparently, you can't stop batting until you hit the ball. And foul balls don't count. I spent a humiliating amount of time on the plate attempting to make a hit. Once I finally hit the ball, I didn't even make it to first base. Enough about that.

I started this post yesterday but obviously didn't finish. The day got away from me. It started with me thinking “Gee, I can't believe I still have another day off.” and ended with me thinking “Where did the day go?” I had a La Leche League enrichment meeting in the afternoon and directly from there picked up This Single Spark from work. From there we headed down to a local nursery to pick out shrubs, perennials and annuals for my flower garden. SO exciting!! She also generously gave me some plants from her own garden. Tomorrow I will post some pictures for anyone who cares!

Baby A is a different kid these days. She is less baby and more little girl. She has been totally fighting naps and bedtime lately. At times I put her in her bed and she'll stand there and cry. She is such a determined little person. She has very little patience. I will put her in her high chair while I make her breakfast. She will play with her toys for a while but soon she is yelling for her food and if I enter the room and leave it again her cries will reach a fever pitch. I tell her to relax, it's coming. She is much better on the floor now. She can get around well (too well!) and she rarely falls. She can competently stand up to things and lower herself back to the floor without any trouble. That being said, last night while we had company she fell over and bumped her head rather hard on the wood floor. She was tired and uncoordinated. It's the first bruise she's had in a while and it's a good (?) one.

My new exercise regime is on hold for the remainder of the week. Other than any walks we may venture out on, that is. I will get my TaeKwon Do membership next Monday and get a gym routine figured out this week. I can't wait. I am tired of being annoyed about it.

Since it's been a while, here are some of the latest Baby A photos.

Modeling her new Baby Banz (she won't leave them on!)

"I'm so cute I can't stand it."



These two were taken while we were at a friends place. Little A was very excited.



It hurts my knees just looking at her sitting this way!



By the way, check "The Mama D Experiment" out.

9 comments:

bon said...

AAAAAHK! the CUTENESS my EYES my EYES!

this single spark said...

L-O-V-E the jeans in the third pic. I want the grown up version!

Anonymous said...

She is such a little cutie! Love the pics!

I have been roped into playing softball a couple of times. I hate it so much. I am no good at it and it is sooooooo boring.

Nicole said...

LOVE the baby banz pic. Eli has a blue pair - they are the best!

Mall Worker said...

I love those pics! She is such a cutie!

Diana Mancuso said...

Maddie is totally doing the same thing. Her sleeping routine is completely out the window. And when I try to put her in her crib, she too stands up and just cries like no tomorrow.

Baby A, you look great in those shades!

utmommy said...

Your little girl is darling!! I know exactly how you feel about baseball. Somehow I've been suckered into playing on a co-ed team for the last 3 years. How does that happen? I have fun, except for when it's my turn to bat, then I just feel completely lame. Why do I keep humiliating myself? Oh well, at least I get to spend some time with DH.

Dawnyel said...

SHE'S SOOOOOO CUTE!!
My son also sits that way (called the "W.") It's not good for their hips, so we're constantly telling him to fix his legs, he may be beginning to get the hint that he's NOT supposed to sit that way! FUNNY BOY!
I still applaude you for playing baseball in the first place! YAY for not making it to first!! hee hee!

Just MJ said...

Baby A is beautiful, as usual. That last picture does look painful. Babies are so flexible! Congrats on playing baseball, I wouldn't have had the nerve.