Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The 19th Letter of the Alphabet

Bon from 'The Mama' is passing around letters. I asked for one. And the letter she gave me is 'S'. My task is to write down ten words that begin with 'S' and explain why I chose them. Then I'm supposed to share the love and give a letter to any of my commenter's who'd like to play. Sound fun? Okay then, let's go...

Smart - This is always something I wanted to be but have never felt that I am. My next word could have been stupid, which is what kids called me in school when I was young. This is probably why even now I still doubt my intelligence. Also because I never did well in school and never went to University. Over the years I have realized that my skills lie in other areas than 'book smart' ones. I am wicked awesome at TaeKwon Do which takes brains plus physical coordination and skill. And I have the ability to make hair bend to my will as well as shape and sculpt it like artwork. Not traditionally things that would make the scholars of the world stand up and take notice but that's okay because if they were lucky enough I would give them an awesome haircut and then kick their butt!

Smile – Something I do a lot. I tend to smile with every tooth in my mouth. I smile when I think of Audrey. Or Peter. Or two of my best friends whose names also both start with 'S' but I didn't want to expose their identities.

Spoiled – Something that I have often been called by my older siblings because I am, the 'baby'. When people find out I was the last of five children they assume that I was spoiled or ask if I was. It's annoying. My childhood sucked so bad I hardly consider myself to be spoiled. Being accused of this always makes me want to fly into a rage and say a lot of hurtful things. I usually refrain. I also don't want to 'spoil' Audrey. My interpretation of spoiling is giving them every single thing they want. Since we are rather financially strained this shouldn't be an issue for us. Love, however. She'll get plenty of that.

Simply
– This is the way we live our life. In my opinion.

Smack Down – Two words but I wanted a word that reflected my feisty nature. Everyone always thinks I'm such a gentle, nice girl. Which I can be. They are always surprised to find out that I have my II Degree Black Belt and that I love to fight. I am super competitive and hate to lose. I loved wrestling as a kid and occasionally go to amateur wrestling with my guy friends (including my best friend, Peter) and heckle with the best of em'.

Sims - This is a game I became addicted to. I haven't played it since before Audrey was born. I used to spend several hours at a time playing it. I would prioritize my day off, get everything done and then settle in and play my game. The Sims 2 was what I was playing before Audrey was born. I think it is the doll house come to life concept that sucks me in. I used to play Barbies for hours when I was little. The Sims reminds me of those days. But I'd feel like an idiot playing Barbies at my age. The Sims? Not so much.

Silly – A good description of my husband and I. Separately, or together. We have often described ourselves as weird too. Then we always agree that we're okay with that. Because we don't care for being 'normal' anyway. We like ourselves just the way we are. And Audrey seems to like us too.

Sumptuous – Why? Because it's fun to say. Say it! Sumptuous. I challenge you all to use it in a sentence as much as you can for one whole day. This is part of the definition I found: extremely costly, rich, luxurious, or magnificent. Magnificent, now there's a word. Now I want to do the letter 'M'!

Sex – You know you were all thinking it. So I said it. This seems to be a bit of an issue for most new Mama's. Usually, the husbands are ready long before we are, postpartum. I however was lucky? My drive was not totally killed by giving birth or lactation. Yet, again I seem to be the freak in the crowd. You think I'd be used to that by now but really, I just want to fit in.

Soul mate – My best friend, the person I will be with until I die, the father of my child, my lovah, my husband, Peter. (Kissy noises)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sumptuous is a great word!

Dawnyel said...

This is way cute...gimme a letter....please!! :)

bon said...

sigh... that is so SWEET!

and you ARE smart! Lil' miss smartie!

don't forget the word "Stalk." What I would totally do to you if you didn't live so Stinkin' far away... it sucks.

K, maybe I wouldn't actually STALK ya, ummm, cuz that's creepy and all... but I would totally force Dadguy be social so we could all hang out.

Mama D said...

Dawnyel to you I give the letter 'V'! Any other takers?

Bon,

If I was going to be stalked by anyone, I'd want it to be you! :) Hmmm, you have to force your husband to be social too huh? Parallel lives. Except I only have one kid. And the fence in your yard is WAY nicer!

Lynanne said...

Smart is what you are when you realize that a diploma on the wall doesn't define you. If you ever get the letter "H's" to describe yourself you can add humility and humble to your list. :) You are extremely smart! Don't let anyone make you feel otherwise!

My mom is a beautiican and I feel she is incredibly smart. I started to write more on the topic but instead of filling your comment box, I've saved it to post on my blog at a later date :)

Oh, and to be good at TaeKwonDo you have to be smart. I only made it to blue belt - my golly, so many routines to memorize! And sparring is a lot like chess except using your body AND your mind.

I *LOVE* Sims2 also! I envy my Sims for only being pregnant for 3 days (one for each trimester?) and being able to call the nanny for overnight duty!

Rachelle said...

Way fun! I'll take a letter!

Mama D said...

Rachelle,

Since you are a teacher I'll give you a challenging one... 'Y'. How's that?