Monday, May 01, 2006

Cornucopia

(Blogger was not working earlier so I am late posting.)

Hello all. My beautiful friend is sitting here beside me while I post some pictures for you before we start our exciting day together. She named the post. Why cornucopia? Because there is an abundance of information in this post. And because she is cool!

I hate the way I look in this picture (everything about the way I look is awful. This is the sort of picture people put up on their fridge to remind themselves why they need to diet/wear makeup/get a better haircut!) but I wanted to show you my gorgeous, wonderful, hilarious, intelligent, glorious (my new favorite word) friend. I am so happy that she is visiting. I haven't seen her for far too long and I missed her so much.




These are pictures are from the hair show:

This is my coworker and I. (A much better shot of me don't you think? I didn't look half bad considering I got ready at 6:00am and I was dead tired by this point!) They had this weird area in the middle of the convention center that was set up like a living room with couches, lamps and a pool table!



These two were cutting hair and dancing to "My Humps". Uh, yeah. But the link there is far more bizarre. Seriously, what was this guy thinking?



The rest are just random shots I took to give you insight into my world. It's all for you internet. I never usually take pictures there.





The day was pretty much a success. Audrey whined for about the first 20 minutes of the drive to the city, then slept the rest of the way. Once we arrived I fed her in the car (Oh, yay!) in the parking lot. Then she and her dad drove off to visit the cousins and her aunt and uncle.

We did a bit of shopping for combs, clips and something I really needed and totally desired in the biggest way. A CHI iron. It's cool, it's blue and it's awesome. I can't wait to use it! We didn't spend as much time sitting at the stages as we would have like to but, time just ran out. Peter and Audrey came to pick us up. I planned to pump in the bathroom (Wheee!) at the show but I totally forgot until it was too late to bother. Then when Peter got there Audrey was fast asleep in her seat. I was busting at the seams. So, I sat in the front passenger seat of my car and pumped as we drove through the big city. Now that was a first. She slept almost the whole way home too. She apparently had a great time with her cousins, aunty and uncle. It couldn't have been more perfect.

It was an exhausting day but it's over now which means I won't stress about it any further. Now I can focus on visiting with my good friend for the remainder of the week.

Also, there is a nice juicy bit of an update at 'The Mama D Experiment'. Enjoy. And then give me feedback. Please. Thank you.

4 comments:

Mall Worker said...

I'm glad your trip to the city went well! The pictures of the runway made me giggle, I'm not sure why though! I hope you and your friend continue to have a wonderful time!

bon said...

gadZOOKS! are those shoes, those stappy, spikey, beastley things the required uniform for the show?

and the "My Humps" link?!!!!
WAH HA HA HA hahahahahahahah!

Dawnyel said...

I love the pics of you...whether you think you look bad or not...They are nice to give us a good look into the real you!
The hair pics were another thing tho....WEIRD!! :D

GiBee said...

A review of Mama D: Such a talented woman ... she can love her family, write books, style hair, and pump breasts ... It goes to say that Mama D is a woman that can do it all!