Monday, January 09, 2006

Bathing Beauties?


On Saturday my husband said one of the most romantic things to me since vowing to love me in sickness and in health. Although, I think I may have used up the sickness vow in the first four months of my pregnancy. He had today, Monday, off work. So he had said to me on Saturday “Let's turn the phones off on Monday.” I'm pretty sure he got lucky after that. He never wants to turn the phones off. Heaven forbid someone he works with would have to survive one day without being able to call and ask him something they should be able to figure out themselves. I do admire his devotion to his job and his dependability but I think these good qualities are often taken advantage of by some people. In any case, I was thrilled.

Today is that day. Day off day. It was a good day. Except when we were practicing putting Audrey's car seat in his car and he kept bumping his head and there were some bad words and I yelled. But it was a fleeting moment soon to be almost forgotten. He was able to come to Audrey's first swimming lesson! Splashers. All three of us had a great time. I went in the pool with A and he video taped us. There were three other babys in the class. One girl and two boys. They all seemed to like the water. One of the boys is Sam, our neighbor. His mom Shauna and I registered them for lessons together. I think it is cool that they are so close to the same age. I hope we can do lots of stuff with them as they both get older.

And this evening A and I went to our La Leche League meeting and dad had some time to himself. There are so many new moms at the meetings right now. It is so nice to be in a more comfortable place as a mother and possibly have useful things to say to other moms. At my first meeting I was so insecure and paranoid that people would think I was doing everything wrong. I do feel like a different person now. And I guess that's because I am. I really noticed feeling that way when I was back at work last week. It seemed as though work had changed so much but really it was mostly me.

So, day off day is over now. Time for bed. I can lay awake tonight wondering why I ever posted a picture of myself in a bathing suit on the internet.

No comments: