Friday, January 13, 2006

3 Brilliant and Beautiful Men

First of all I'd like to say how happy and excited I am to actually have some readers. And they are not people that I know personally and who commented out of obligation to me. That's so cool. It's so nice to be liked. And some of these fantastic people have linked me!! Excuse me, I need a moment. Okay, I'm back.

So since there are actually people paying attention to stuff I write I thought, why not throw a wrench into the blog. Whatever that means. I'm going to write about something that isn't poop, or breasts, or a baby named Audrey. I am going to write about men. Not just any men. Totally wonderful drool-worthy men. Well, in my opinion anyway.

I filled my car up with gas today and when I went in to pay I happened to look at the magazine shelf. Be still my beating heart. Jake Gyllenhaal was on the cover of Details. Oh how I love him. AND the guy working at the counter actually struck up a conversation with me about Jarhead and whether or not I liked it. Which I did by the way. Jake must be good to cause a guy who works at a gas station to strike up a conversation with a stranger. I read the article and observed the delicious photographs while Little A (okay, I had to mention her) was playing on the floor. I enjoy these precious moments when I can read a two page magazine article without having to change a poopy diaper (okay, I had to mention that too) or pick up a fussy baby.

Later I was watching a taped episode of Ellen and The John Mayer Trio was the musical guest. What a fabulous day I am having. Friday the 13th is my new favorite day. John Mayer had lovely long hair and played his guitar like nobodys business. He is so fabulous. I am always so very impressed every time I see him play live. On T.V. I wish I could see him play live. I will settle for the former.

And finally the third brilliant and beautiful man I am refering to is the one who watched the John Mayer Trio with me the second time around. The man who almost worked a twelve hour day today. (and didn't get paid for the extra hours) The man who I bought this for and who will get to try it out with me later. (He is going to be so embarrassed, I'm just keeping it real babe) The most brilliant and beautiful man in the world as far as I'm concerned. My husband. (Insert Awwwww! here)

And here's a gratuitous photo of A because I can't help myself.

3 comments:

bon said...

ohhhh! Mr. Dadguy would KILL me if I shared that with the internet! Let us know if it is as efficacious as it claims to be toward... ummmm... a good time!

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Love, love, love John Mayer, especially the Wonderland Body song--I blogged about it in the archives a long time ago. Got bummed when I found out he wrote it for J. Love Hewitt.

Wow, You better blog about that ring thing! Yah baby! But I'm confused--you're into sex and you have an infant? What's up wit dat?

Sugarmama said...

Your husband reads your blog? Glad mine doesn't! Jake Gyllenhaal--grrrrr!