Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Water Bug

I have always loved the water. For as long as I can remember I have loved to swim. When I was a child I spent every summer in swimming lessons and the rest of the time in water as much as possible. If we hadn't moved to the city I am quite sure that I would have spent my teen years as a lifeguard.

I still love to swim. While I was pregnant I did a lot of lap swimming. Miss A and I have done two sessions of swimming lessons. I love being in the water with her. I am so glad that she enjoys it as much as I do. A couple of weeks ago we were at a pool party which was held at a hotel which also had a waterslide. Miss A and I have gone down waterslides before so I figured we'd do it again. At first this slide seemed okay but then we picked up speed as we went around the three turns and as we headed for the end of the slide I prayed that I could keep her above the water. I mostly succeeded although I think she got a large face full of water. Luckily for both of us she didn't really care and was not forever traumatized thanks to her foolish mother.



Since we can't go swimming ALL the time (it is 30 below outside right now!) she has to settle for the bathtub. This suits her fine and she spends the time perfecting her swimming skills by blowing bubbles, laying her head and ears right back into the water, and splashing her arms and legs. The later I wish she would save only for the big swimming pool since I don't have to clean up there.



I really couldn't be more pleased to have a water bug baby. Now all we have to do is convince her Dada to join us more often...

3 comments:

bon said...

SWIMMING!!! I cannot believe we were actually doing real, live, outdoor swimming yesterday and then were barely able to get the van up the snow covered driveway when we got home last night!

sigh.... summer, where art thou?

Jenn said...

It should be a fun summer full of swimming! We'll have to have A over for a dip in our kiddie pool.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until summer to bring Ethan out swimming. He loves the bathtub so I hope he'll love the pool as well!