Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Just Another Day...

Well, as of Sunday I am now 31 years old. Look I even updated my “About Me” so it must be true. It was a very nice birthday. Starting off with waffles and tea in bed with presents on the side. I received two CDs. The Automatic “Not Accepted Anywhere” and The Killers “Sam's Town”. I've been listening to The Killers in my car. It has been quite a while since a CD has had me on the edge of tears like this one often does. It makes me feel like an unstable 15 year old kid again. I think it may also have something to do with the books I've been reading...

We then spent the day at a water park about 1 hour out of town, had a picnic lunch there and came home to have supper with my mother, family and a friend.

All in all it was a lovely day. We are also having a get together at a friend's place this Friday. It should be fun. Of course we'll be playing Karaoke Revolution and also perhaps Dance Dance Revolution with my final birthday gift – a dance pad. Woo Hoo!

I may be 31 but I have the interests and hobbies of a teenager!




7 comments:

Lynanne said...

Happy belated birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a chuckle for you...I was reading your post and got to the line that starts "Of course we'll be playing Karaoke..." Somehow I blocked out the word "dance pad" after reading "Dance Dance Revolution" and read that your final birthday gift was going to be "woo hoo" (viva Sims2) LOL I'd like to think it was just a brain fart like how people skip repeated words in sentences such as "Paris in the the Spring" (there is an extra "the" there). But, I'm probably the only one who read it that way.

Anyhow, how awesome that you had such a great birthday and got so many neat gifts!!!!!

bon said...

WHAT!? You birthday again? ALREADY!?

Time does fly, Happy Birthday!

Mall Worker said...

I'm glad you guys had a good day. Happy birthday again :)

shoeaddict said...

Happy Birthday! Miss A's lips are so gorgeous

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! That Killers disc is fantastic. Played the crap out of it for about 4 months after it came out. It has a great singalongability (yeah, so I just made that word up, so what) and makes great driving music when you're driving two hours on the highway to see your girlfriend. Also a big fan of the waterpark you went to. Sounds like a great birthday.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Happy belated Birthday! And as I'm sure you know by now, I love that Killers CD — the middle bit with For Reasons Unknown and Read My Mind is just wonderful. I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday!