Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's Here!

No! Not the baby! Then I would have written 'She's Here!' or 'He's Here!'. No, the chair. The chair is here. See.




*I'd just like to say right now that my husband is the best because in that shot of me in the chair, he took it from above while he was on a chair because he thought it would be 'a more flattering angle'. And upon viewing the other shots taken from the floor... ugh. I totally agree. Thank you sweet husband!

And doesn't it look so comfortable? It is. I am so happy that it has arrived. One more thing ready. Next would be actually getting some baby clothes washed and put away. Yeah, that would be a good one.

Yesterday I had house cleaners come in. This is the first time I have ever experienced this. My coworkers had pitched in when I broke my ankle and bought me a gift certificate for five hours of cleaning. Since my mom was doing such a fabulous job of keeping the house in line I didn't bother using it until now.

Let me just say that it is very weird having people coming into your house to clean it. And weird to watch them clean things. The one girl polished my tea pot cover...

In preparation for their arrival I ran around like a nutcase getting things ready. What's the point, you ask? Well, I was mostly organizing and de-cluttering. And I HIGHLY recommend doing this for optimum satisfaction when having cleaners come in. I only used up 2 1/2 hours of the certificate and they'll be coming back soon for the remainder of the time. They did a great job but they didn't get to some of the things that I thought they would. Perhaps too much time spent polishing tea pot lids...

Also. I could NOT do this job. I am FAR to obsessive and would take WAY longer than I should to do my tasks. What I would do, I would do most excellently but I would still be fired for not knowing how to say on schedule.

So my house is mighty clean right now. And organized. And I'm trying not to be a total drill sergeant to Miss A and her dad. "Hey, pick that watermelon up off the carpet!" "Does this paper go in the recycling now?" It's just... I know how quickly things can get out of hand. Again. And I just want to try really hard to keep it this way at least until the baby arrives. Because after that... I know that nothing will stay this way.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that sounds like heaven!! Both the chair and the housecleaning. My house has not yet recovered from my first trimester. I was just telling Cam on the weekend that if I could just get it clean again that I am sure I could keep it that way until the baby came .. and then everything would go downhill again! Kudos to your coworkers, I think that is the best gift ever!

bon said...

WOW! Yeah, the cleaning, or lack of it going on in this house is depressing. And the CHAIR! WHeee! I thought you were getting the odd patchwork version of the chair that you had a picture of in your past post. I like this chair much better. I could see this chair in MY house, and if I didn't think that it would probably get me killed, I would suggest that you should just go ahead and send it on over here. Looks like I need to get my own flippin' chair.

Jenn said...

Yay! I'm glad the chair arrived early than expected!

shoeaddict said...

Yay for the chair coming early! Housecleaners... that is a great idea. My house is so stuffed with junk and crap because we've outgrown it. It's hard to keep it clean.

Anonymous said...

Yay! The saga of the chair comes to a close. Thank God. Now wait, do you know if this babe is a boy or a girl and I just missed it?

Also, will you email me your address please.

Lynanne said...

Yay for the chair!!! It looks so comfy. I can't wait to see photos of you snuggling your baby in it.

Can you bribe your husband to treat you to a few more cleanings?