Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Come on

I think of myself as a nice person. A person who doesn't have unrealistic expectations. I'm reasonable. I don't just go around freaking out on people when things don't go my way. But sometimes I think if I was more inclined to be that way, dumb things wouldn't keep happening to me.

When I was expecting Miss A we ordered her bedroom furniture in what I thought was plenty of time. Apparently, I should have allowed more time. I was told to expect it would be a much longer wait than I'd originally thought. So, I was stressed until the furniture finally came. I mean, of course we would have been okay if it didn't but being the planner - anal retentive person that I am, I just wanted to have her room all set up.

As I mentioned in my last post, we really don't have anything much to do this time. Except... I ordered a chair. A glorious chair. The kind of chair that is going to make many sleepless nights much more bearable. I expect to be spending A LOT of time in this chair. I ordered it in the middle of April. That should have allowed an ample amount of time for it to arrive before July, don't you think? But no.



I received a phone call yesterday telling me that they are estimating it will be here at the END of July. Much later than I'd originally been told. I was so disappointed and frustrated that it came across rather clearly to this nice woman I'd been dealing with. It totally isn't her fault. It is a problem with the manufacturers of the chair. Still, that doesn't make it any less annoying. So it's likely not going to arrive before the baby comes. I know it will get here eventually but it just makes me sad. It's the ONE THING I wanted to have before the baby arrives.

Who knows, maybe a miracle with happen and it will still get here on time. We'll have to wait and see.

In the meantime, here is a new profile picture. The other one was terribly old...

6 comments:

Jenn said...

That is frustrating. Did you order the foot rest as well?
Your new profile pic is terribly cute!

Mama D said...

Absolutely. That is the whole point of the chair. It reclines. I can put my feet up and then I can rock that way as well.

bon said...

Grrrr! I think two and a half months is PLENTY of time to be able to come up with a chair already!
And I totally noticed the new profile pic before I even scrolled down to the larger one in the post! BEAUTIFUL!

shoeaddict said...

I'm really sorry :( That is a bummer. I love the new pic.

elizasmom said...

Oh, that IS frustrating. I hope it arrives sooner, but I feel your pain. A good rocking chair is an essential part of maintaining your sanity in newbabyland.

Anonymous said...

First - love your new picture. Both of you are gorgeous, as usual.

Second - July?! Jeez. You do not need stress right now and I'm sorry that something that was supposed to be fun and happy got screwed up. Maybe it will still work out.