Monday, April 14, 2008

Thank Goodness and a Belly

I have managed to get Miss A into the tub twice in a row using the same method. First of all I run the bath without her even knowing, therefore we avoid the protest before we even attempt to get her in. Then I make a heart on the wall with the finger paint soap and also put a small puddle on the side of the bath. Then I lead her to the bathroom to reveal the bathroom paradise. We now have NO toys in the bath except "Baby Anna" and a wash cloth both of which she keeps VERY close tabs on. We usually spend the first part of the bath with A washing baby and me washing her. Then at some point she wants the baby and anything else out so the tub in completely empty. She then proceeds to lay on her tummy, submerge her face and blow bubbles. As I said before, her fear is definitely NOT of the water. Anyhow, I am so relieved and happy to have finally found a way for her to be comfortable with bathing again. I can tell that the same concerns are still there so I just try to be very sensitive and careful not to do anything that would upset her.





And since I always bug everyone I know to post or send pictures of their growing belly... Here is mine. The expression I have in this picture is very odd, Not sure why.

4 comments:

elizasmom said...

Phew! I'm glad you found a way to work around the bath-time freak-outs. I wonder if you'll ever know exactly what set her off or if it's just one of those weird toddler things. Either way, nice work!

And look at that belly — Little D is growing nicely!

bon said...

Hooray for bathtubs! And again, Hooray for tummies!

Sugarmama said...

Cute belly! Makes me kinda sad that I won't be getting pregnant anymore. Ever. Sigh.

I'm glad that you've found a way to help A overcome her fear about baths. You sound like such a sensitive and patient mama!

Diana Mancuso said...

You're pregnant! And looking wonderful to boot. Congratulations! When are you due? I'm due in about 5 days...