Thursday, January 25, 2007

YouTubesday

I did this monologue in high school for my musical theater class. I performed it at a small showcase we did that year in front of a good number of my school mates. I think I did a decent job. It was fun to smear fake blood all over the front of me. Unfortunately, I don't think everyone understood the humor. Kids in the Hall can be like that. An acquired taste. They just happen to be mine.

The guy in this sketch, Dave Foley, provided the voice for Flik in A Bug's Life. And now he hosts Celebrity Poker.

I went to see Kids in the Hall perform live when I was seventeen. I still consider it to be one of the most exciting things I have ever done. After the show was over a few of the guys were signing autographs. Fortunately for me Dave (my favorite) was one of them. He hugged me and kissed me on the cheek. I swore I'd never wash my cheek again. I have. But only because I really had no choice.

3 comments:

bon said...

BAh hahahahahaah! The ONLY reason I miss the Comedy channel!

I think my favorite sketch will always be, "If my head were meat? How much would it weigh?" Or maybe it was "how much would it cost?" It's been a long time.

But I loved the Chicken Lady too.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad!! I keep trying to watch your you tube things, and all I can see is like 7 seconds of it...WHAT'S UP WITH THAT!?
But I was going to say, doesn't Dave Folley look YOUNG in that clip! GOSH! I remember watching that show and thinking he was the cute one! :D

Lei said...

ah, the chicken lady. lol! and that's a nice brush with fame, lucky duck!