Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Attempting Jedi Mind Control

I feel like I am losing my mind. What with the not getting more than two hours of sleep in a row (for days now), administering steroids, medication and an inhaler several times a day, listening to screaming while I get the bare minimum done, and being bossed around by a three year old who goes to her room several times a day declaring "I am MAD!!!" AND I'm actually just starting my work week today. Weee!!

I can however, count on Miss A to keep things interesting if nothing else. She has been trying Jedi mind control with me. This morning I'd put a Baby Einstein video on to try to CALM DOWN THE BABY! When I left the room for a few moments to, I don't know, GO TO THE BATHROOM WITHOUT BEING DISTURBED FOR ONCE, she came to tell me that she didn't break "anyfing". Ah ha. "What happened?" I asked. She had tried to rewind the movie and it crashed and went to the main menu. (blah, blah, our computer is our television, blah, blah.) Anyway, I fixed it. Later she was in her room playing and she called for my help. She had used one of her little chairs to climb into the crib but couldn't get out. "I'm not in here." she told me. "Um, dude, yes you are." "I'm not." she insisted.

Perhaps if she waved her hand in front of my face while saying it I would have bought it. I think I should be worried.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is not the comment you are looking for.

elizasmom said...

Oh, I'm sorry about the no-sleep mind-losing thing, but your description of her mind-control tricks cracked me up. At least you're getting comic relief...

Lynanne said...

I feel for you on the sick kids and no sleep. We are on week 3 of illness. Week 1 was croup and coughs and weeks 2 and 3 are blowout diapers and bleeding raw butt cheeks (different virus, don't worry). I'm ready for warmer weather and healthier kids.

Did the doc mention that steroids make kids irritable and restless? It usually is quite effective, though, so hopefully the 3 days go by quickly and the medicine helps her breathing so you can all get some sleep again. Take care!

bon said...

I am gonna catch some karmic heck for laughing at your pain.... or maybe what is going on at our house is just a preview.

Who cares... this is funny stuff!