Monday, December 19, 2005

Here we go...


My nerves are frazzled as I sit down to write my first blog. Not because I'm going to be writing about my life for all the world to see. (if anyone cares to) Because I just spent almost 2 hours trying to get my tired, crying three month old little girl to sleep. Audrey is what you would call stubborn. Well, I call her stubborn anyway. She comes by it honestly both her dad and I could also be accused of the stubborn trait. I'm hoping it will be a positive thing when she is older, as in not to be swayed by other childrens foolishness.

I discovered blogging by accident when I was searching the internet for my daughters strange (normal) behavior. I came across the brilliant Sarcastic Journalist. I started to read about SJ and her family. She tells the truth about her life and being a mother and doesn't sugarcoat anything. I was totally mesmerized and spent several of my daughter's long morning naps reading SJ's and others blogs. I thought "What great therapy."

I have loved writing since I was a little girl when I used to sit in my bedroom and type stories on an old clickty clack non-electric typewriter. What I wouldn't give to get my hands on some of the stuff I wrote back then. My parents must have patted me on the head said "What a nice story!" and tossed it into the trash! Aren't parents supposed to keep that stuff for you? So you can see what a weird kid you were. Well, I was weird.

Anyway, I'll be writing about me, Lil' A and the love of my life, Peter. I can't always promise it will be thrilling, happy or entertaining but I promise it will be honest. I always have a lot to say so some of it has to be good! Right? Right!

So as I embark on the blogging journey I welcome comments and feedback. Especially from new mom's like me. I need all the help I can get!! Here we go!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey mamma d. oh the fun you must have. my ferret is enough for me, but let me tell you about the long nights nursing her... eekkk! i enjoyed your intro and look forward to the continuing saga. my life is not what you would call exciting, but i like to keep notes if anything does happen. sending love and regards

spinster s.

Anonymous said...

hi mamma d, looking forward to hearing more about your adventures!