Friday, December 19, 2008


My mom didn't want me to take any pictures but I couldn't help it. I wanted to be able to show my siblings just how bad it was because I think they're all in denial.

And I'm posting them to again drive home the point how fast something like this can happen.

This pot was the start of it all, yet it is still in tact.

This is what remains of the artificial plant (deadly kindling) above the sink.

These are my girls enjoying their Grandma.

Merry Christmas and please be safe!


Jenn said...

I am so glad your mom is okay. That is so scary how quickly something can happen. Like you I will leave the stove to look after kids or whatever else but now there is no way I'll leave my kitchen if I'm cooking.

Sandy said...

Thank God your Mom is ok! God Bless her!
I spent the day in the kitchen yesterday, cooking up a Ukrainian storm. As you know, Ukrainians use a lot of butter. It made me very, very nervous and it made me a whole lot more aware of the danger of turning my back on it.
My girlfriend was making a dainty that called for peanut butter. She put it in a pyrex bowl and microwaved it. All of a sudden she heard an explosion, and it turns out that the pyrex (yes pyrex!!) bowl had exploded into hundreds of little pieces. Apparently anything with high levels of fat combined with the microvaving process, can cause any bowl to burst like this. Who knew?
So glad you posted this, Dawn. I would never have known this could happen!

elizasmom said...

Holy crap. Your mom is VERY VERY lucky indeed. Phew! And I bet the kiddos are thrilled to have her around.

Diana - Teacher Mom said...

Oh my gosh, how scary was that? Thanks goodness everyone is okay.