Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Exhausted...but back

We are home. Home is so good. I will try never to take home for granted again.

I don't want this to be a whiney post. I will simply say that last Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday were the most exhausting and stressful days I've had in some time. Traveling with toddlers is no fun. Kudos to those of you who do it and don't find it so bad. Maybe it's just my kid. I'm sure it is, she seems to be an enigma.

My niece's wedding was beautiful. The hair went exceptionally well. Which is nice since I'm related to her and if it turned out badly I'd have to look at the pictures to remind me for the rest of my life.

Here are some fairly anonymous photos which should satisfy those of you who were curious about the hair, the dress, etc...

She is ridiculously gorgeous, I know. My favorite quote from the wedding day was from her husband. He said something like "And I am so very thankful for my wife," he gestures to her "How does that happen." Although it's not as if he is hideous or something.






Oh, and sadly... This



is the best picture we have of us from this wedding function. We all looked so nice too...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys look great! Do you have red in your hair? I love red in dark hair.
And your niece's hair looks great too! You're very talented.
I don't envy your long drive, I hope it wasn't too bad though.

elizasmom said...

Yowza — that 'do is amazing. I bet your niece was thanking her lucky stars she's related to you!

And the photo of the three of you made me giggle, but, I swear, in a totally-not-mean way — it's just that we have a million like that too, so I can sympathize. That said, you all dress up pretty good!

Now relax and recover from your vacation. (Ha.)

bon said...

Hooray! I'm glad you are back, and I'm glad that you survived.

That's some kind of great hair! Plus, I am totally with elizasmom on the giggle... do that with crayzeegirlz times three!

alt&rockin'4ever said...

Her hair looks awesome! Nice job, Mama D.
And yeah, the wiggly family picture is kind of funny. I remember our A's first Christmas when we tried to take a family portrait. Agonizing! But you and Papa D look great. : )